× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Getting along with the Neighbors in Amesbury

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #6958 by billspad

What makes you think I didn't type it from memory?

The [laughs] and [it gets quiet] gave you away.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by billspad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6960 by KennB

What makes you think I didn't type it from memory?

The [laughs] and [it gets quiet] gave you away.

Were they wrong stage directions for the scene I was homaging? Oh, that's right, you wouldn't know.

I hope when you were hunting for this alleged smoking gun, you at least took the 3 minutes and 54 seconds to watch the clip on YousTube.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6961 by Boris Katan
Replied by Boris Katan on topic Re: Getting along with the Neighbors in Amesbury
To appreciate this scene properly, it is necessary to watch the movie Goodfellas repeatedly. It is one of the great movies.

A little scary that we are discussing Goodfellas in a thread titled Getting along with the Neighbors. Reminds me of another scene where Ray Liotta has a very direct interaction with a neighbor regarding behavioral expectations...

Don't think I'll worry unless folks start showing up with shovels...

More
10 years 6 months ago #6967 by alan
kenn said>> Parking issues aside, we ...

Parking issues at the range head have been zero for the last 2 launches due to the signage and flyer distribution. 35 flyers were fetched off the sign post over 2 launches, its self service. Its a win-win.

Parking issues at the soccer fields is directly caused by the City of Amesbury, because ,,,,,,,, <wait for it>,,,,,,,,, the city posted "No Parking This Side" on BOTH sides of Lions Mouth Road. This is also the area where CMASS has designated as "Additional Parking" on our flyer and on our web site directions page.

It all about education. We all enjoy reading Bill's pre-launch email blast, but the fact is that many people just show up at the launch (which is awesome) but they are uneducated.

- - - - - - - Regarding the sound system - - - - - - -

Pointing the north speaker at the ground more will probably do it.

Or, we move it to the trailer and point it east (I'll bury a cable pipe, the farmer does not plow up the meadow ever). It just means we have to landmark the range set, easy to do.

Or, we do wifi (streaming) in lieu of FM. Wifi we live encode the audio onto a wifi hot spot. Place the speaker (battery, etc) at the road and face it south, or, let the gallery play the live streaming on their smart phones.

Thanks,
-Alan

More
10 years 6 months ago #6968 by KennB
Alan, the parking issue I was thinking of when I wrote that was the fact that we couldn't park on the field any longer. I just miss the old days.

You are right that we haven't had the "cars on the filed" problems during the previous two launches thanks to the flyers and signage. Thanks for that is directed at you, Alan. Better education and clear directions make it easier for people to comply.

I know the sound system is a winter project this year. I like the WiFi idea.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #6969 by alan
Ken said>> I just miss the old days.

Me too. Back in, take out the chair, sit, setup done.

I had forgotten, seems so long ago, thanks for the clarification.

Winter project: underground parking garage.

By the way, Mr Ambassador, can the city remove the "No Parking This Side" from the south side of Lions Mouth Road ?

-Alan
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by alan.