× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Vindicator Jr. advice

More
10 years 6 months ago #6979 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Vindicator Jr. advice

I was a victim of autocorrect or fat fingers. However, Boris going rogue is not inconceivable.

Ahhh, another movie reference....

"Inconieeevable..." spoken by a true master rogue.

I'm surprised Kenn or John B. didn't pick up on that because they what I think of that movie ever since they held me down, held my eyes open and made me watch it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 6 months ago #6982 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Re: Vindicator Jr. advice
Thanks for the feedback. I will fly the Vindicator Jr this Saturday. I don't think I'll go drogueless, but hopefully we will be free of rogues.

On a somewhat related note - Is there NO thread that cannot get sidetracked into some unrelated area?! Since I retired last year, I've been substitute teaching in the Math and Sciences at a couple of the local high schools and I've always been impressed by the ability and persistence of some of the students (mostly boys) to sidetrack whatever topic is being discussed into some completely unrelated topic.

First - They got nothing on you guys!
Second - I can now picture them as adults!
:P

More
10 years 6 months ago #6983 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: Vindicator Jr. advice

First - They got nothing on you guys!
Second - I can now picture them as adults!
:P

Claude, where do you get off accusing us of being adults? :lol:

Sorry about sidetracking your thread. You had gotten some good advise already and I'm not qualified to discuss L1 stuff from an experienced point of view so there was nothing of value I could add. But when Bill lobs a nice slow-pitch softball right over the plate, I've got to take a swing at it. I hope I get some credit for not going after his The Princess Bride obsession. ;)

Next, we've got to get Bill to watch Goodfellas; but that's a different thread that was sidetracked.

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 6 months ago #6986 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Re: Vindicator Jr. advice
No need to apologize, I was just making an observation!

Actually, since we are all still playing with the same toys we played with as kids, I don't think anyone here is really an 'adult'. :P

With a name like Spadafora, how could Bill not have seen Goodfellas? I've seen it several times - mostly because of the paizannes I recognize!

More
10 years 6 months ago #6987 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Vindicator Jr. advice
I didn't watch it because I was afraid I'd recognize someone. Just kidding. I know no mobsters.

I used to think movies like that were a caricature until I read some FBI wiretap transcripts in the papers and realized that there really are people that stupid.

My favorite line from a mob related show is from the Sopranos that went something like "they beat Spatafore over the effing head". It's phonetically the same as my name and made me chuckle.

To do my part to get this thread back on track, the winds for Saturday are going to be around 4 mph which will make it a nice day to try out dual deploy. They've changed the wind direction some but I think it's still close to blowing the long length of the field so a main at apogee should result in a long walk but not a lost rocket.