× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

November 16 launch

• Boris Katan
  • Boris Katan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #6962 by Boris Katan
November 16 launch was created by Boris Katan
Looking forward to the final launch of the season, topped off with the night launch.

Video of last year's night launch:

Planning to fly the Turbine Rocket Saucer once during the day and twice at night. Also doing the annual resurrection of my Fat Boy with lighted nose cone.

During daylight sending up the Midnight Express (3.4x Big Daddy) on a C-Star K740 as well as the Spinning Saucer of the Apocalypse.

Better to go out with a BANG than it is to fade away...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #6963 by jlnel
Replied by jlnel on topic Re: November 16 launch
cant wait to see them..!!

Midnight Express, was that a Pole Cat kit?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by jlnel.

• Boris Katan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #6964 by Boris Katan
Replied by Boris Katan on topic Re: November 16 launch

cant wait to see them..!!

Midnight Express, was that a Pole Cat kit?

Midnight Express is built from Polecat's 10 inch diameter nose cone and body tube, with scratch built carbon fiber over end-grain balsa fins. It has parts in common with some Polecat kits, but is not one of their kits.

The Midnight Express is 68" tall, and the huge nose cone is exactly half the length of the rocket. Both altimeters and both main chutes are built into the nose cone.

Polecat parts and kits are some of the cheapest around for big rockets. Body tubes are cardboard with a wrap of fiberglass, and nose cones seem to be fiberglass with polyester resin.

Flew it for my level 3 at LDRS XXXI.
More info: bpasa.com/LDRS31.htm

The K740 C-Star uses the same propellant as the Space Shuttle boosters, creating bright white flame and smoke, very efficient, and is a Cesaroni motor available through AMW at our launches.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6975 by jabikeman
Replied by jabikeman on topic Re: November 16 launch
do you have the motor already? I will be AMW at this launch so if not make sure you call them so i can get you the motor...

that goes for everyone. Order your motors now so you will have them to fly. I will have everything that i normally have Plus a lot more 54mm. if you want a certain motor email or call me to see if i have it in stock. or place an order with AMW.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6976 by mlaudato
Replied by mlaudato on topic Re: November 16 launch
Jason, any chance that you will have the 24mm L2 Aeropack retainer that I need to swap? I had emailed Gloria about it but haven't heard back yet (I have an L or P that I could swap - neither fit the 24mm LOC motor tube on the rocket I'm building)

Thanks,
- Matt

• Boris Katan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #6977 by Boris Katan
Replied by Boris Katan on topic Re: November 16 launch

do you have the motor already? I will be AMW at this launch so if not make sure you call them so i can get you the motor...

that goes for everyone. Order your motors now so you will have them to fly. I will have everything that i normally have Plus a lot more 54mm. if you want a certain motor email or call me to see if i have it in stock. or place an order with AMW.

Yes, I already have the K740.

If Gloria has received the Estes F15-8's I ordered, I would like to get my hands on those.

Thank you.