× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NARAM 55 – Anyone Going?

More
10 years 11 months ago #6602 by r12ski
NARAM 55 – Anyone Going? was created by r12ski
This July, I will be attending my first NARAM. Anyone else here going? I'm guessing Jim Flis will be there, but obviously working.

I registered as a sport flyer. I'm looking forward to seeing the Scale rockets and will be taking lots of pics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #6603 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Re: NARAM 55 – Anyone Going?
I'll be going, at least for part of the week. Not sure if I'm going to sport fly or do the contest. I've been to every NARAM since 27 and last year was the first year I didn't fly the contest. I kind of liked it.

More
10 years 11 months ago #6604 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: NARAM 55 – Anyone Going?
This will be the first one I haven't gone to in 21 years. I only go to sport fly and the field they have this year is smaller than Amesbury. And it's in Cleveland (actually Aurora).

On the plus side, if you've never been to one before you'll find it interesting and if John flies competition events just watching him prep can be entertaining.

More
10 years 11 months ago #6606 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Re: NARAM 55 – Anyone Going?

On the plus side, if you've never been to one before you'll find it interesting and if John flies competition events just watching him prep can be entertaining.

I thought that it was teammates' prepping that provided the real entertainment.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #6607 by r12ski
Replied by r12ski on topic Re: NARAM 55 – Anyone Going?

And it's in Cleveland (actually Aurora)..

Oh, I'm well aware of it's proximity to Cleveland, and the city's official slogan of "Were Not Detroit."
"We're Not Detroit!"

Despite the size of the field, my thinking is that I went to LDRS last year, I've never been to NARAM, and worst case scenario I'll have to fly rockets all day every day for a week. :silly:
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by r12ski.

More
10 years 11 months ago #6608 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: NARAM 55 – Anyone Going?

Oh, I'm well aware of it's proximity to Cleveland, and the city's official slogan of "Were Not Detroit."

They do have the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame.

You'll enjoy yourself at NARAM. There's usually a good selection of vendors and there's always the auction.

One of the reasons I usually go there to sport fly is that once you get past the weekend the sport range is not very busy. You get to fly a lot with little or no wait.