× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

TARC 2013

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 1 month ago #6475 by KennB
TARC 2013 was created by KennB
Just wanted to post something as the email blast Bill put out didn't get much response.

CMASS is hosting a TARC practice/qualifying launch on 09 March at Woodsom Farm in Amesbury. We have a couple of teams that have said they will be there and one other that may. Please let us know if there are going to be others, too.

We'll be repeating this on the 23rd of March, if necessary. The only way we know if it's necessary is to hear from the teams.

Let us know what your plans are either replying to Bill's email (check your spam filter) and/or posting here.

For the 9th, we may have to hike the equipement in so the set up will likely not be in our normal location. The roadway will definitely be a mud slick so plan on parking in the lot and hiking your stuff in. It may be drier on the 23rd but maybe not; it's March in New England afterall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #6477 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re: TARC 2013
FYI, I didnt see any email blast from the CMASS website and my spam box is clear. I plan to arrive 9-Mar @ ~1115 hours to haul gear out to the range. -Alan
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by alan.

More
11 years 1 month ago #6478 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: TARC 2013

FYI, I didnt see any email blast from the CMASS website and my spam box is clear. I plan to arrive 9-Mar @ ~1115 hours to haul gear out to the range. -Alan

That's because I just sent it out to the TARC team.

More
11 years 1 month ago #6479 by davisolzoe
Replied by davisolzoe on topic Re: TARC 2013
Will the launch still be held if we get 6-12" of wet snow?

More
11 years 1 month ago #6480 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: TARC 2013
The launch will be held as long it's not precipitating and excessively windy. The snow will be an inconvenience but the kids need to get their qualification flights done.

More
11 years 1 month ago #6485 by Doc
Replied by Doc on topic Re: TARC 2013
You may need snow shoes, I was up there the week after the blizzard launching with my son for his science fair project and we had to use snowshoes to get in. We set up our our launch pad on plywood (I figure the wet wood wouldn't burn).