× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Observer needed for TARC launch feb. 17th

More
11 years 2 months ago #6451 by Boris Katan
Replied by Boris Katan on topic Re: Observer needed for TARC launch feb. 17th
Please do set up TARC practice and qualification flight opportunities whenever it works well for your team, ideally on very low wind days. I note the following for information only.

TARC qualification flights are allowed until March 24, 2013. It was team registration that was extended and is now over.

CMASS has two launches specifically to facilitate TARC test and qualification flights:

March 9 Amesbury (TARC Launch) noon-4PM
March 23 Amesbury (TARC Launch) noon-4PM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #6454 by guyw
Bill was actually kind enough to verify that Trip sent out a message to the Yahoo group that the deadline for the first qualifying flight of up to 3 possible flights has been extended from the original deadline of February 15, 2013 to February 18, 2013. This allows for an extra weekend to get that first qualifying flight in before only two qualifying flights are allowed.

Guy.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by guyw. Reason: Removed a "the"

• davisolzoe
  • davisolzoe's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #6456 by davisolzoe
Replied by davisolzoe on topic Re: Observer needed for TARC launch feb. 17th
Kenn Blade has agreed to witness on Sat at 1:30, but feel free to come out to watch/witness also, will possibly have launch into falling snow! At the school St field, Acton. (how does snow affect altitude, is there a calculation for that?)

More
11 years 2 months ago #6457 by KennB

Kenn Blade has agreed to witness on Sat at 1:30, but feel free to come out to watch/witness also, will possibly have launch into falling snow! At the school St field, Acton. (how does snow affect altitude, is there a calculation for that?)

The more timers, the better. It would be great to have two not affiliated with the team. I'll be picking up the stop watches at Bill's tonight along with a scale.

More
11 years 2 months ago #6458 by guyw
As long as the weather forecast for Saturday doesn't get any worse, I will be there. I have my stop watch and a couple of scales that I will bring just in case.

I think launching into snow makes altitude prediction kind of flakey ;)

More
11 years 2 months ago #6460 by guyw
I posted some pictures in the Gallery of the TARC Launch "Lite" from yesterday in the Acton Winter Carnival 2013 category as I was not able to start a new category for some reason. They are the last 5 pictures uploaded. I call the last one "Kenn Pushing Buttons". It wasn't a bad day to launch. Wind was light and it wasn't too cold. The team launched a Flis Triskelion to check the conditions, then one practice flight and finally an official attempt.