× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Night launch November 17th?

More
11 years 5 months ago #6304 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Night launch November 17th?

Everything in rocketry is disposable except people.

I've known a couple who were.

The flight was safe, the rest is details.

Considering all the things that I imagined could go wrong, it was a sort of boring failure.

Can you post the Raven file or a screen shot of it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Boris Katan
  • Boris Katan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6305 by Boris Katan
Replied by Boris Katan on topic Re: Night launch November 17th?

Everything in rocketry is disposable except people.

I've known a couple who were.

The flight was safe, the rest is details.

Considering all the things that I imagined could go wrong, it was a sort of boring failure.

Can you post the Raven file or a screen shot of it?

Seriously, I aspire to good successes, with a fall back position of boring (maybe even barely noticeable) failures.

Much better than spectacular failures and boring successes B)

Raven screenshots posted here: www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?437...&p=420789#post420789
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Boris Katan.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6306 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: Night launch November 17th?
As an additional note, I spoke with someone from the Amesbury Soccer Association at the end of the day on the third to find out if the port-a-pottie would still be at the field for the 17th. In past years, they have disappeared as soon as the soccer season was over, generally at least a week before our season is over.

She checked up in her organization and found the right person to talk to. Bottom line, ( ;) ) we should have the conveniences availalble to us on the 17th and at no additional cost to us.

Of course, something could get screwed up but right now plan on them being available. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

Kenn

More
11 years 5 months ago #6314 by Sully
Replied by Sully on topic Re: Night launch November 17th?

Bottom line, ( ;) ) we should have the conveniences availalble to us on the 17th and at no additional cost to us.

That's a crappy joke.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6324 by Niteowl67
Replied by Niteowl67 on topic Re: Night launch November 17th?
He gang,

Been a while since I spoke with any of you... I so wish I could attend your upcoming night launch. I happened to be talking to someone the other day about the old NORG night launch event in Salem, MA (5 years past, wow!) and tried directing them to see some pics at your site. They couldn't find them and neither could I. This morning I tried tooling around in my member account and saw that I had no pictures... oh well, good memories though! Have fun with your night launch coming up!

Best,

Joe Majahad

More
11 years 5 months ago #6328 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic Re: Night launch November 17th?
Hi Joe,

About 2 years ago we updated the CMASS website software and started using a new photo gallery module. I still have the photos from the original site backed up, so I'll see if I can find the ones you are looking for and add them to the website.