× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Thinking ahead for next year.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #5592 by ScottyDog
Thinking ahead for next year. was created by ScottyDog
Would the farmers mind if we had a Porta Potty up at the launch area? I know theres more to this than just doing it.I was just thinking,what it would cost to have one brought in to the launch site for a day.? Man I hate that walk when the time comes.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by ScottyDog. Reason: cuz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5593 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Thinking ahead for next year.

Would the farmers mind if we had a Porta Potty up at the launch area? I know theres more to this than just doing it.I was just thinking,what it would cost to have one brought in to the launch site for a day.? Man I hate that walk when the time comes.

That's something we're going to consider for next year. I think they'll let us do it because we tried it a few years ago. The big questions is if it's cheap enough that we won't have to raise launch fees to cover the expense.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5594 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: Thinking ahead for next year.
We looked into it at one point for one event or another and the cost was pretty high. We generally have a shuttle car running on demand to the parking lot (thank you Bob and Guy :cheer: ). One thing we could look into for this year is the Port-A-Lets that are there now; they are rented by the soccer leagues and were removed before our final launch last year. It might be worth asking the league how much it would be to keep at least one there for 19 Nov or if they could direct us to the company directly to extend the usage.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5597 by ScottyDog
Replied by ScottyDog on topic Re: Thinking ahead for next year.
Yes, thank you to the Shuttle Pilots. I dont mind the walk in after unloading, cuz I been in the rig for 140 or so miles anywhoo. Like I say,something to look into. Got some snow up here last night. Might have to bring the snowmachines to the launch.......

More
12 years 6 months ago #5603 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re: Thinking ahead for next year.
Last time we rented a porta-pot it was $100, that was about 5 years ago for NEMROC in Amesbury. Most of the fee is delivery and pick up charges. I think its more cost effective per day if you rent it for a longer period of time, but a one-day rental is going to be over $100 in 2011 dollars. -Alan