× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Amesbury Launch Oct 22

More
12 years 6 months ago #5573 by ScottyDog
Amesbury Launch Oct 22 was created by ScottyDog
Just wanted to say,The wife (Sandy) and I had a great day. A little on the cool side with the early morning breeze . This was my second time at Amesbury this season. Would like to attend more Cmass launche as we allways have a great time and such a great bunch of people to have fun with. It is a long trip but worth it. Seems like there was many more HPRs there this weekend than the last time I attended.Sorry,no pics. Camera is toast BUMMER. Anywhoo- Thanks to all that help in making these launches so great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5575 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: Amesbury Launch Oct 22
Scotty,
Great to have you and Sandy there and all your rockets.

You're right; there were a lot more HPR than usual. We had people who came from NY and CT (even farther than you have to drive) just to fly high power due to the size of their home fields. If I recall correctly, we had 15 Level 1 and 2 attempts in addition to all the other flights off of A, B and C.

Reading your thread on TRF about the events upon your return home, I doubt anyone else had such a downer to end their day.

Hope to see you at the next two; dress warmly.
Kenn

More
12 years 6 months ago #5578 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Amesbury Launch Oct 22

If I recall correctly, we had 15 Level 1 and 2 attempts

Really? I guess I need to edit the article.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5583 by ScottyDog
Replied by ScottyDog on topic Re: Amesbury Launch Oct 22
More HPRs, ya I thought so. I hope to be there Nov 5th.Not sure if Sandy will make it.Shes not one to be out in the cold for too long. I had maybe 4 more I wanted to fly last weekend,but Sandy had had enough and to be honest,I was kinda ready to hit the road to get an early start home and stop for a bite to eat.We did ok tho,we made it to about 3:30 before we left. Got to work Monday and was telling the guys AGAIN!!! Ya got to come to a launch and see them HPRs. I just dont get it. Ive tried evreything and anything to get someone,anyone at work to check out the sport of rocketry.OH-Well.They call me the Rocketman.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5595 by jflis
Replied by jflis on topic Re: Amesbury Launch Oct 22
Well, I had a wonderful time too :) Thank you to everyone involved! It was a good day!

I have photo's posted on my web site, so give'em a look. See you all at the next launch!
jim

More
12 years 6 months ago #5602 by HPRnut
Replied by HPRnut on topic Re: Amesbury Launch Oct 22

More HPRs, ya I thought so. I hope to be there Nov 5th.Not sure if Sandy will make it.Shes not one to be out in the cold for too long. I had maybe 4 more I wanted to fly last weekend,but Sandy had had enough and to be honest,I was kinda ready to hit the road to get an early start home and stop for a bite to eat.We did ok tho,we made it to about 3:30 before we left. Got to work Monday and was telling the guys AGAIN!!! Ya got to come to a launch and see them HPRs. I just dont get it. Ive tried evreything and anything to get someone,anyone at work to check out the sport of rocketry.OH-Well.They call me the Rocketman.

I hope you can make it down on the 5th. I am flying my I-ROC EXT on a J315 Redline, my Wildchild on a Road Runner E25-4R and then on a F36-7 Blue Streak. I am then flying my Gila Monster on a Aerotech G67-10 Redline and then on a Road Runner G80-7R.