× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Is the launch Canceled or Cancelled?

• hgreenblatt
  • hgreenblatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 7 months ago #5485 by hgreenblatt
Is the launch Canceled or Cancelled? was created by hgreenblatt
One El or two? Bill updated the home page with the latest unfortunate news about the cancellation of this weekend's launch and I thought the spelling of 'canceled' was wrong. It turns out that 'canceled' is a valid "American" spelling of 'cancelled'. Cancelled is the Canadian/British version. Like 'cheque' or 'check' / 'doughnuts' or 'donuts'. And being a Canook it just looked weird.

That said - a new flying field would be nice...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5486 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: Is the launch Canceled or Cancelled?
CATO will be flying (or is it fllying ;) ) in Salem, CT that day and MMMSC has moved their launch to 17 September in Berwick, ME (CMASS will have some equipment there to help with launching - G impulse limit). The Flis anniversary launch (and CAKE) will be 01 October in Amesbury. I hope Jim takes the opportunity to stop by the field in Berwick.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5487 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Is the launch Canceled or Cancelled?

One El or two? Bill updated the home page with the latest unfortunate news about the cancellation of this weekend's launch and I thought the spelling of 'canceled' was wrong. It turns out that 'canceled' is a valid "American" spelling of 'cancelled'. Cancelled is the Canadian/British version. Like 'cheque' or 'check' / 'doughnuts' or 'donuts'. And being a Canook it just looked weird.

To tell you the truth I thought it was two ells but the spelling checker made me get rid of one of them. By the way, is there a spelling checker add in for the forum.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5489 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Re: Is the launch Canceled or Cancelled?

To tell you the truth I thought it was two ells but the spelling checker made me get rid of one of them. By the way, is there a spelling checker add in for the forum.

When I bring up the editor, it automagically points out my spelling errors - underlined in red. Maybe it's a Mac thing.

BTW, it doesn't complain about either canceled or cancelled, but does complain about cheque and Canook. I always thought it was Canuck, eh?

More
12 years 7 months ago #5490 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Is the launch Canceled or Cancelled?

When I bring up the editor, it automagically points out my spelling errors - underlined in red. Maybe it's a Mac thing.

BTW, it doesn't complain about either canceled or cancelled, but does complain about cheque and Canook. I always thought it was Canuck, eh?

Evidently the spelling checker for the news isn't the same one as the forum because this one doesn't care about the ells but the other did. I made some intentional misteaks and this one caught them.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5492 by BobH
Replied by BobH on topic Re: Is the launch Canceled or Cancelled?

Evidently the spelling checker for the news isn't the same one as the forum because this one doesn't care about the ells but the other did. I made some intentional misteaks and this one caught them.

But it obviously thought that misteak was a valid variation of mistake.