• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #9884 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Alternatives for club meetings
I'm open to any other suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #9885 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Alternatives for club meetings
Regardless of zoom or webex, I think you should send the invite out over the email list, rather than post the link on the forum, where anyone in the world can see it.

Zoom is putting more security enhancements in place. You can set "Meeting Passwords Enabled" to add a meeting password in addition to the id #. After April 6 this will be default "on".

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #9886 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic Alternatives for club meetings
Lets start with a Zoom meeting. Kenn, just set up a password for the actual meeting and you might want to recommend having people who don't have the app downloaded to go to zoom.us (or zoom.com) first and install and test it before the meeting.

And I agree - don't post the meeting info in the forum where anyone can get it - just email to the registered cmass members. If you are unfamiliar with zoom and want me to schedule the meeting I would be happy to.
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by hgreenblatt. Reason: Additional info

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 1 week ago #9887 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Alternatives for club meetings
Tonight, 07 April, the officers and a few other regular meeting attendees will be trying out the Zoom platform. If it all works well, email will go out to all registered users of the website for the next meeting on the 21st.

Be sure to have your active email address in your profile and have cmass.org on your approved list for junk mail, etc.

More
4 years 1 week ago #9888 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Alternatives for club meetings
Great meeting. It was nice seeing everyone. Glad that you all are doing well.
Rocketry has been a big part of keeping me from going insane during these unprecedented times. I look forward to our next launch with good weather and seeing people young and old enjoying rocketry. I don't know how many more times I can watch the three part Discovery Channel special "The Rocketry Challenge." Maybe I'll watch "A Beginner's Guide to American High Power Rocketry." for just the second time.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #9889 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Alternatives for club meetings
I'd rather not use zoom... but what the heck..
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by DeltaVee.