× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Lake Winnipesaukee launch

• jabikeman
  • jabikeman's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7796 by jabikeman
Lake Winnipesaukee launch was created by jabikeman
Lake Winnipesaukee Launch this saturday feb 7th, 2015!
Parking at The Lyons Den, in Gilford, NH also located at the Marine Patrol ( joint Parking lot) For the GPS please use....25 Dock Rd - Gilford, NH 03249 google maps bring you right to the site. The waiver is 12,500K MMMSC is supporting this launch. If you have a snowmobile or something that is able to help shuttle threw this snow, please bring it. The less time that we can spend shuttling the more time we can spend flying. If you know of a college team that needs to do test flights to 10K please let them know about this launch! any question feel free to email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Also stay tuned for any cancellation notices on Fri. evening if there is no post that says it's a no go. then assume we will be there. I have a snow machine for shuttles and retrieval of rockets. I will see about a pop up bob house for shelter and to warm up as well.

We have check with the marine patrol and they said its good. Also we have been told it is the same weekend as the ice fishing derby. So if they are out there we can be out there. That being said there will probably be A LOT of people that have never seen the stuff that will be flying, so it goes with out saying but BE NICE TO THE PEOPLE ON THE ICE. If possible we hope to make this a new launch site while the lake it frozen....

if you need motors for the launch please let me know. I will do my best to get them. I will also bring everything that i can at the launch. so if you have seen my car that is A LOT! I wont be bringing any kits. so if you want one, email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and let me know!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by jabikeman. Reason: more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #7797 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: Lake Winnipesaukee launch
Jason, can you post a satellite image or some sort of map to show launch location on the ice and proximity of buildings, etc.?

• jabikeman
More
9 years 2 months ago #7798 by jabikeman
Replied by jabikeman on topic Re: Lake Winnipesaukee launch
I can post up a picture but talking to the main leader it sounds like we are near the middle paet of the lake. I have been told tonight the uce in that area is about 12" thick. If the mean time if you punch in the address that is above into google maps and look at the lake we are planning in the large open areanear the middle. hope that helps till I get a photo up.

• jabikeman
More
9 years 2 months ago #7800 by jabikeman

• jabikeman
More
9 years 2 months ago #7803 by jabikeman
Replied by jabikeman on topic Re: Lake Winnipesaukee launch
as of right now we are a go for tomorrow's launch flying starts around 10am until we are to cold my guess between 2-3pm Also my car "a black Toyota yaris" will have an AMW Prox banner in the window so you know your in the right spot.  

PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE BEFORE YOU LEAVE TO HEAD FOR THE LAUNCH. IF FOR SOME REASON IT IS CANCELED I WILL TRY AND GET A POST UP BEFORE 730AM. IF THERE IS NOTHING FROM ME PLAN ON THE LAUNCH TO STILL BE A GO.