× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

TARC 2013

More
11 years 1 month ago #6486 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Re: TARC 2013
I don't have any myself, but I was thinking that if any one has some snow sleds, they may be useful for hiking equipment in and out.

As for snow shoes, I don't have those either. I was thinking of heading up to the Kittery Trading Post before the launch. Maybe they would have a special on them. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #6487 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: TARC 2013
I have a sled but I think the snow will be too soft. A toboggan would be nice.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #6488 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: TARC 2013
Try an L.L.Bean outlet store. I saw they had lots of snowshoes when I was in one in North Hampton, NH, last month. There's an outlet in Manchester, NH, and regular stores in Nashua, NH and Burlington, MA.

If you do go to KTP, check on the black powder. Someone on TRF was wondering about what they could get and what they'd have to go through.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by KennB. Reason: KTP stuff

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #6489 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re: TARC 2013
Bill said> A toboggan would be nice.

I'm bringing one, and some plastic bins.

Also, I work 5 min from KTP and can pick up anyone's order if its too out-of-the-way for them.

-Alan
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by alan.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #6490 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Re: TARC 2013

Try an L.L.Bean outlet store. I saw they had lots of snowshoes when I was in one in North Hampton, NH, last month. There's an outlet in Manchester, NH, and regular stores in Nashua, NH and Burlington, MA.

I have to go right by the Nashua store on the way to Amesbury. I am thinking I will try there this morning and delay my KTP until the next TARC launch,

If you do go to KTP, check on the black powder. Someone on TRF was wondering about what they could get and what they'd have to go through.

It was a couple of years ago, but the last time I was at KTP and bought some FFFFG, they had 17 more 1lb containers in the safe. All I had to do was go to a sales person and ask for it. They put in a request and 5-10 minutes later it was at the check out ready for purchase. I just had to show my license to prove I was of age.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by guyw. Reason: Missing ] on second quote.

More
11 years 1 month ago #6491 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: TARC 2013

I just had to show my license to prove I was of age.

I don't think I would have mistaken you for someone under 21 (or is it 18?) a couple of years ago.