National Science Teaching Association Conference - April 2020

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #9825 by deangelo54
I can do any of the days. We need a minimum of two but, are we allowed more than two people? What are the hours? Maybe we can do it in shifts in the event that there are more volunteers than there are available slots.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 1 month ago #9842 by KennB
Last week, the AIA pulled out of the show. The NAR Board stepped up and offered to put out the funds for the booth in addition to the mileage, parking, etc. they were already going to provide.

This morning, however, Trip advised me that we were pulling the plug and that our section's services would not be required. With the Covid19 pandemic still growing, it was felt that keeping our members safe was a more important issue.

With this loss of publicity opportunity, it is more incumbent on us to do the outreach we can in our communities to spread the word about TARC. CMASS used to host a large number of teams at our late winter/early spring sessions but that has dwindled. This year, we had a couple of teams join us in the fall but no TARC flyers were at our February launch and, so far, only one team has contacted us for our March launch.

More
4 years 1 month ago #9843 by deangelo54
Sorry to hear about the cancelation. I was looking forward to the opportunity to promote rocketry and the TARC. I can understand the rational for pulling out.