NAR Section Champion Rules

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #9423 by KennB
NAR Section Champion Rules was created by KennB
I received the following email from NAR regarding rules to be added to the US Model Rocket Sporting Code. I know not many of our members participate in these national competitions but we've been asked to submit comments, as a section, prior to 26 April. If you have any comments to make, please post them in this forum thread or email them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will compile a list to send back by the deadline.

March 31, 2019

Dear NAR Section Advisor,

Nearly 2 years ago, the Expanding Competition Sub-committee (ECS) debuted a substantial change to the US Model Rocket Sporting Code (USMRSC) when it introduced the National Rocket Competition (NRC). The Sporting Code contains the rules that govern NAR model rocket competition.

The new Sporting Code has now been used for one full contest year- 2017-2018- which culminated at NARAM 60 in Pueblo, CO. Though the new Sporting Code has now successfully recognized its first individual and team national champions, it was not able to recognize a Section Champion as there were no rules describing how a Section Champion could be arrived at.

During its meeting at NARAM 60, the NAR Board directed Ed LaCroix, Chairman of the ECS, to take steps to draft rules that would allow for awarding a Section Championship. A committee comprised of Mark, Bundick, Glenn Feveryear, Ed LaCroix, and Dan Wolf has now completed a draft of Section Championship rules, and they are attached.

In order for these draft rules to be added to the Sporting Code, your Board asked that they be reviewed by the Sections, and that comments be received so the Section Championship committee can make any final changes prior to a Board vote for approval.

I am asking that you please share and discuss these rules with your Section members as soon as possible. After discussion, please collect any comments from your members and forward them to me for consideration.

I need your Section’s comments no later than midnight on Friday, April 26, 2019.

In order for the Section Championship draft rules to be added to the Sporting Code in time for use during the 2019-2020 Contest Year beginning July 1, 2019, the NAR Board must approve them no later than its June monthly meeting.

Thank you for your support and fly the NRC!

Sincerely,
Ed LaCroix, 11248
Expanding Competition Sub-Committee Chair

If you've ever thought about participating in these national events, please start a new forum thread to ask questions of those who have knowledge or to try and get a team together for such events.

The pdf that shows the specific language of the new rules is now attached to this post. Thanks, Alex, for your help.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by KennB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KennB
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #9424 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic NAR Section Champion Rules
Attachment added to the original post.

• KennB
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 days ago #9444 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic NAR Section Champion Rules
Bumping this thread. Hoping for some input.