Spare Time Shop Closing :-(

• hermanjc
  • hermanjc's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #11968 by hermanjc
Spare Time Shop Closing :-( was created by hermanjc
Drove past the Spare Time Shop in Marlborough today and saw in the window they are having a "Store Closing Sale".

In checking their website, they are indeed closing "by Christmas".

Everything is on sale 30-50% off at the moment.

Very sad, I grew up going there for all my hobby needs.

www.sparetimeshop.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpikeTony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #11969 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Spare Time Shop Closing :-(
The Spare Time shop was a tough drive for me coming from the North Shore but, I did manage to get out there a handful of times. The people I dealt with were very friendly. It was fun to buy a few engines, kits and parts. Unfortunately, the hobby shop is a relic of a bygone era. I remember going to a hobby shop in either Medford or Melrose that had an HO race track setup. There was another hobby shop I used to go to where I bought stuff for my chemistry set.

The Hobby Bunker moved from Malden to Wakefield. From looking at their website, it appears that they no longer carry rocket kits or engines. They do have CA and epoxy.

The Hobby Lobby has a decent selection of kits, engines and supplies so I guess there is still hope out there. But you cannot beat the ambiance of the local hobby shop.

More
5 months 1 week ago #11970 by JayBarry
Replied by JayBarry on topic Spare Time Shop Closing :-(
I was at the Hobby Bunker in Wakefield about a month ago and they had a very limited selection of Estes kits and motors. If you're looking for something specific its probably worth a call first.

Toy Soldier in Amesbury carries motors but I'd consider that much more a 'game store' than a 'hobby store' - but a great shop nonetheless.

More
5 months 1 week ago #11971 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Spare Time Shop Closing :-(
I swing by today. In terms of model rocketry stuff, a couple down estes kits left, some BP motors, mostly micromax and a few areotech composite motors (on the smaller side). They did have an estes saturn 5 kit.

More
5 months 1 week ago #11973 by RHobbs1
Replied by RHobbs1 on topic Spare Time Shop Closing :-(
The last rocket I bought from them.was my Custom Rockets Liberty. That was just before Labor Day weekend.
The stock was pretty depleted then.
Sad to see the shop closing. I prefer shopping "live" to online because you can look over hundreds of products in far less time than it takes for web pages to load. That and being able to talk to human beings instead of swearing at a computer makes it more fun. And with shops so few and far between these days, you get to go out for a ride.

More
4 months 1 week ago #11975 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Spare Time Shop Closing :-(
The Spare Time Shop was the only hobby shop that had composite motors in stock. I think John P bought most of them. LOL