Certification special

More
13 years 1 month ago #5066 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Certification special
billspad wrote:

When I saw that you posted on this thread I thought you were going for a certification. Imagine my relief.

I\'ve given everyone else almost a day to jump on this but I\'ll take it; many would say I was \"certified\" long ago. :side:

Back to the thread, if I were going for any HPR certification, I\'d be all over one of these offers. Love the CTI hardware and having the company represented at most all of our Amesbury launches is a real plus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5068 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Re:Certification special
I agree with Kenn about the easy access to CTI reloads at the field. I will be eagerly looking for a 1 grain F or 2 grain G 29mm motor for the first flight of my Wild Child at our first launch of the year. Not sure yet which motor I want to try. Have to do some RockSim simulations to see what might work best. Anyone have a recommendation or a favorite?

Guy.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5069 by HPRnut
Replied by HPRnut on topic Re:Certification special
I was told that the F36 Smoky Sam is a good choice for a first flight of the Wild Child.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5071 by jabikeman
Replied by jabikeman on topic Re:Certification special
HPRnut wrote:

Where you doing your Level 2?

kind of hoping to do it in amesbury, but i don\'t know. since i am working with the Harvard SEDS ( that email that i think we all got from bill a few weeks back) i may just do my LV2 when they go for theirs.

For the electronics (which i don\'t have yet) i plan on getting www.perfectflite.com/cgi/PF_Store/perlsh...l&ORDER_ID=226885627 any one have used this before? good? bad?

More
13 years 1 month ago #5073 by HotRod Lincoln
Replied by HotRod Lincoln on topic Re:Certification special
Perfectflight MAWD was my go-to DD Alt. Used it all the time, every time.

Now it\'s somewhere in the Amesbury swamplands. Note: human error. Thought tape fitting was good enough rather than shear-pins.... guess not.

Anyway... the MAWD is very nice, easy to use. Just keep in mind you will need a low current e-match.
I just go with Quest \"Q2G2\" igniter.
www.questaerospace.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=7024&eq=&Tp=
\"Q2-dipity-doos\" don\'t take much current to light, they are cheap and easy to get.

just an electronics note: I\'m trying the new Adept22 this year.

But the MAWD does have a data download function that is sweet. At least for a rocket DATA geek like me. So I will probably order a replacement MAWD also.

Staying slightly on-topic. I too will utilize the CERT special. Although I think I\'ll do my L2 at a METRA launch or at NYPOWER.
Little more room to stretch my legs.
Love Amesbury, don\'t like losing rockets.
I\'ll reuse my trusty Rascal King. Freshly modified and refurbished for L2 use.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5076 by jabikeman
Replied by jabikeman on topic Re:Certification special
ok thanks for the info. :) you going to be at the tarc launches HotRod Lincoin? if so bring the launch stuff for the canton launches. :)