Hobby Linc - Bulk Order Jan 2011

• alan
  • alan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #4843 by alan
Hobby Linc - Bulk Order Jan 2011 was created by alan
HobbyLinc.com has the 24 count assortment Blast Off Flight Pack for $40. Free shipping on an order over $250 (meaning 7 or more packs). I need to order at least 3 packs. If you would like to participate in this order, here is the scoop...

(1) Need to find a home for 4 (or more) packs
(2) If interested, send me a CMASS Email by 9-Jan-2011. If there is enough interest before that date the order will go out earlier.
(3) If I know you, you can pay me next time I see you (maybe TARC Launch March 2011).
(4) If I don\'t know you, I\'ll email back to you my address and you can send me a check (or cash if you are local to me) before I place the order.
(5) If HobbyLinc substancially increases the price before I place the order, I may elect to abort the launch.

Thanks,
-Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4850 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Re:Blast Off Flight Pack - Bulk Order Dec 2010
Alan,

Boris had said that HobbyLinc gives a 5% discount on orders over $500. Is it worthwhile to get together a club order for >$500 and get the discount on top of free shipping?

Claude

• alan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #4868 by alan
Update: 5-Jan-2011 18:30

The bulk order to HobbyLinc is extended thru Sun 9-Jan-2011. You can order other items in addition to Blast Off Flight Packs, we have hit the over $500 order for a 5% discount. Follow the instructions in the original post to place an order.

Thanks, -Alan

• alan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #4881 by alan
Gentlemen,

I\'ve updated to order with changes for Claude. Ross, the re-loads you requested are out of stock (unknown re-stock date), so I did not order them.

I guess Hobby Linc had a not-so-good X-Mas and an even less-so-good New Year since they now show a price increases on some items (shown in RED). Some items went up a few cents, unfortunately the Blast Off Flight Packs went up $2.70 each to $40.99 each. Yes, we will get a 5% discount and free shipping, but I\'m not having a really really Happy New Year either at this point, just a reg-u-lar Happy New Year ;-)

One last time, please review your order below,,, this order will go out as soon as I hear back from each of you...

dl.dropbox.com/u/793632/cmass_hobbylinc_20110109.htm

Here is the OLD obsolete order for reference....

dl.dropbox.com/u/793632/cmass_hobbylinc_20101231_f.htm

Thanks,
-Alan

• alan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #4887 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:Hobby Linc - Bulk Order - More fees ?
The order is placed. HobbyLinc had 2 more wrinkles...(1) The 1/4A3-3T (4-pack) was out of stock, so I didn\'t order it to avoid a 2nd shipment, which they we\'re going to charge $3.99 for shipping the backorder; (2) at the final page of the order they say: \"Oh, your order is > $500, there is a $7.20 mandatory INSURANCE charge\". So, for (2) I agreed and prorated the $7.20 to everyone based in their order total. (I may contact HobbyLinc on Wed and dispute the insurance - email sent!) The details are here...your share is in BLUE... dl.dropbox.com/u/793632/cmass_hobbylinc_20110125_final.htm
Sorry that this did not go so smoothly, maybe we go elsewhere next time.
Thanks, -Alan
Update: Looks like HobbyLinc will waive the shipping INSURANCE (this time) - We\'ll see when the order arrives.
Update: Order shipped 19-Jan. There was a delay due to bad weather in Atlanta.
Final Update: Order received 24-Jan. Contents in good condition, insurance charge waived as promised.

• alan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #4926 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:Hobby Linc - Rcvd Order Jan 2011
Final Update: Order received 24-Jan. Contents in good condition, insurance charge waived as promised.

Payment details are here...your share is in BLUE... dl.dropbox.com/u/793632/cmass_hobbylinc_20110125_final.htm