× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Next Mega Mosquito Drag Race: 5/11

• RD-ROX
  • RD-ROX's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 22 minutes ago #12060 by RD-ROX
Next Mega Mosquito Drag Race: 5/11 was created by RD-ROX
I'm aiming to pull together the next Mega Skeeter drag race for May 11 - the first Acton launch of the season. We've still yet to fill all pads on a race, but the potential is there. Hope you can participate and make the dream come true!

--Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RD-ROX
  • RD-ROX's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 day 7 hours ago #12075 by RD-ROX
Replied by RD-ROX on topic Next Mega Mosquito Drag Race: 5/11
The race is still on for the May launch, but the Mega Mosquito squad is diminished after some "hard luck flyin'" at Amesbury. Rick Hobbs' Skeeter got well-eaten by a CATO. Deb's flew after some critical repairs and barely made it through again. She's thinking she can get one more flight out of it... or can try. And I seem to recall Thomas Stegbuchner's M.Mosquito clone having a mishap.

Hopefully all three can find their way back to future races. I think we still have enough in "active service" to put on a good show May 11.

More
7 hours 36 minutes ago #12076 by hermanjc
Replied by hermanjc on topic Next Mega Mosquito Drag Race: 5/11
I designed/printed an upscale mosquito nose cone to fit a 12" long 3" diameter tube I had leftover from my scratch Saturn V. Going to try and turn it around as a "Monster Mosquito" to join in.

If anyone needs a Mega Mosquito nose cone due to CATO or other event, I just need a scrap piece of BT80 so I can check my scale print.