× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

High Power L2 and L3

More
3 years 4 months ago #10333 by maxmazz
High Power L2 and L3 was created by maxmazz
Hi there,
Looks like I'll be at home for the next semester of school. I'm hoping to take advantage of that and build some rockets. Specifically, I would like to get my HPR L2 and possibly L3 certs. I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction as far as local mentors, launch areas, etc. for this project.
Thanks,
Max.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10337 by BDB
Replied by BDB on topic High Power L2 and L3
Hi Max,

Several of us here could help you with your L2. It's possible to fly an L2 certification flight at the CMASS Amesbury site, but it would need to be a low-and-slow kind of flight. The same is true for the clubs in Rhode Island and Connecticut.

If you want to fly something more extreme, you may want to look into the Lake Winnipesaukee club. They fly when the lake freezes, and they applied for a 30k' waiver this winter. You can find them on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/262486714668833

For your L3, you will need to find a mentor from either the NAR or TRA lists. I don't think any of them are CMASS members. For what it's worth, I need to start the search for a L3 mentor too.

Brenton
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxmazz

More
3 years 4 months ago #10338 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic High Power L2 and L3
I'm applying to become an L3CC. There are at least four club members wanting to work on L3. Robert DeHate has moved west. The other other L3CC listed is Stephen Boy, and he hasn't logged on the website in a couple of years, so I don't know if he is active any more. But you do need two L3CC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxmazz

More
3 years 4 months ago #10354 by maxmazz
Replied by maxmazz on topic High Power L2 and L3
Thank you everyone! If any of you are willing to help out or know somebody who can, please let me know. I can be reached my email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.