× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Proposed CMASS L1 guildelines

• curtisheisey
  • curtisheisey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #9601 by curtisheisey
Proposed CMASS L1 guildelines was created by curtisheisey
A while back after some inexperienced college team member L1 attempts, we had knocked around instituting some CMASS L1 guidelines. I put together a draft for this (attached). The punch line is to have at least one HPR launch (F,G impulse) before attempting L1.

I have a Tue obligation for awhile, so can't make club meetings for a bit. I would like to turn over ownership of the doc to someone else for any final edits, if needed, or it can be posted. I can email someone the ppt.

One it is blessed, I would suggest that we can divide up to the college teams and start socializing it. I can approach BU since I am alum there (and another U) to come make a visit, introduce myself and the club, offer mentoring, socialize the guidelines. I know Howard is working with UMass Lowell, UMass Amherst and WPI. That leaves Northeastern, Tufts and UNH. I am also working with a Needham high school team.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• curtisheisey
  • curtisheisey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #9602 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Proposed CMASS L1 guildelines
And MIT.

Possibly others?

More
4 years 7 months ago #9621 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Proposed CMASS L1 guildelines
This past Monday I sent the following information to the rocketry group at Northeastern:
The proposed CMASS L1 Guidelines.
The high power document in the FAQ section.
I let them know that the ceiling at Amesbury is 3,900 feet depending on weather.
I explained the situation with the power lines.

More
4 years 6 months ago #9668 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Proposed CMASS L1 guildelines
On October 28, 2019 I will be addressing the Northeastern Rocketry Team for about 10-15 minutes.
They have asked me to speak about what the NAR and CMASS, how students can get involved, and the process of students getting their L1 in case they're interested in the future. They also asked about height and motor restrictions when high winds are blowing toward the power line. They will be working in small teams and plan on flying G motors. If you can email me the power point you have for the guidelines that would be helpful.