× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

My Winter Follies 2014 experience

• mlaudato
  • mlaudato's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #7128 by mlaudato
My Winter Follies 2014 experience was created by mlaudato
Ok, really just some pictures. But I have to say chasing after a rocket in a snowstorm was great fun for me and Carmine. That was a well run launch in tough conditions, hats off to the club.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #7129 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: My Winter Follies 2014 experience
Looks like a good comparison of the beginning of the day and the end of the day just 2 hours later. Carmine amid a dusting at the start of the snow and the group of nuts standing around in a couple or more inches of the stuff.

The Mega-Mosquito Jim is loading up in the second picture liked it so much at the field, it thought it would hang around - on some wires at the far end by the house. Not Jim's first rodeo in that regard.
:whistle:

More
10 years 3 months ago #7130 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: My Winter Follies 2014 experience
I drove down Route 2 behind a row of plows. Slow going but at least the roads were clear. Everything went smoothly until I got to my street. I just barely made it up the hill. At that point I thought the best thing to do was to pull straight into my driveway because everything was going to melt on Sunday and it would be easier to back it up. Then I watched the weather forecast. It's going to freeze tonight and not be that warm tomorrow. I wasn't sure if I should believe the forecast or not considering how accurate today's was but I figured it would be worth trying to back the trailer in. I was not successful. The best I could do was park it at the bottom of my driveway next to where my car is usually parked. At least I was able to get the truck to the basement door to unload it.

More
10 years 3 months ago #7131 by dlazarus6660
Replied by dlazarus6660 on topic Re: My Winter Follies 2014 experience
I hope everyone made it home ok.
I had fun and was glad I went. I was jonesing to launch something. It was good to see I wasn't the only nutjob crazy enough to drive to, fly and drive back home in the snow, which took me two and a half hours instead of 50 minutes, to go 36 miles. When I got to Hudson, NH, traffic was completely stopped. It took 45 minutes to drive through the town. I live on a hill, on which I got stuck because the driver in front of me didn't know how to drive up a steep hill. Then to make my drive home all that more eventful, I got stuck in my driveway like Bill. My neighbor came out to help me get unstuck.