× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Bill Ralston Passing?

More
10 years 6 months ago #6914 by n3tjm
Bill Ralston Passing? was created by n3tjm
Just saw this on Tabitha Ralston Facebook. "Bill, I made you a promise 25 years ago, to love you.. til death do us part. I kept my promise... RIP my love." I'm not sure if he still flews rockets with you guys or not, but I just wanted to share this just so people that knew him know something happened :(. I tried calling Tabitha to find out what happened, she was a co-worker of mine for several years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6915 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Bill Ralston Passing?
Terrible news. I just checked his Facebook page and it seems he had severe head injury working on a truck earlier in the week.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6919 by n3tjm
Replied by n3tjm on topic Re: Bill Ralston Passing?
Yeah. I got a message from Tabatha this morning. She told me what happened :(. He suffered severe brain injury while at work. =(

More
10 years 6 months ago #6920 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic Re: Bill Ralston Passing?
Wow - that's really sad. Bill was a great guy, always laughing and finding humor in every situation. I haven't seen him in a while at a CMASS launch. He was the guy who spotted (he said it looked like a golf tee) and then helped me dig out my Mongoose at NERRF when it was completely buried in the sod with just the last inch sticking out of the ground. He also helped tow Jim's car out of a ditch at the same launch. He was quite the character (RocketTestingMonkeyMan on the CMASS site) and will definitely be missed.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6921 by bobkrech
Replied by bobkrech on topic Re: Bill Ralston Passing?
Horrible news. Billy was a great guy. He had a great sense of humor, and built some kool rockets.

Bob

More
10 years 6 months ago #6927 by mlaudato
Replied by mlaudato on topic Re: Bill Ralston Passing?
I did not know Bill, but my condolences to club members who lost their friend and fellow flyer.