× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

New Rocketry Club in RI

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #6832 by BobH
New Rocketry Club in RI was created by BobH
I received this email today concerning a new NAR section being started in RI.

I checked and West Kingston is in the southern part of RI, about an hours drive for me.

As you know, there can't be too many places to launch.

Hi All..We (actually John O'Connor) have secured a 3000' x 1500' sod farm field where we can fly starting in January 2014. The field is located in West Kingston, just off Rt 138 & Ministerial Rd. We should be able to fly to 3000' which should allow for some high power flights. The process to get FAA approval has started so hopefully we should know soon. Regardless, we can still fly 'G' motors with rocket weights up to 3.2lbs (less then 1500 grams) and thus are looking to start a new club. We have three people already but need 5 total to be sanctioned by NAR - as we are going forward as a NAR club for now. We got your names from NAR as you are all either from Rhode Island or South Eastern Mass. Please accept this note as a formal invitation to join our new club. As soon as I get a list of names, I will process the paper work with NAR to get our club signed-up. We have no equipment yet but Ray Dipaolo, also a member of CATO, is joining our club and has offered up their equipment to get us started. So, let me know if your interested so I can include your name in our application to NAR. Also, please include your address, NAR number, and a phone number.

We have a great opportunity to start a club from the scratch, heck, we don't even have a name yet! So, if you want to meet and make new friends, here's your chance.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Oppold
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by BobH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6833 by azhilyakov
Replied by azhilyakov on topic Re: New Rocketry Club in RI
Location looks perfect for summer months. Drop off family at the beach and go fly rockets!

-Alex

More
10 years 7 months ago #6834 by jlnel
Replied by jlnel on topic Re: New Rocketry Club in RI
id be in, pm me for info needed.

• BobH
More
10 years 7 months ago #6835 by BobH
Replied by BobH on topic Re: New Rocketry Club in RI
I'm only the messenger. I received that email and posted it to make people aware that a new club was being formed in R.I. but didn't post any contact information.

I replied to the sender asking if it was ok to post contact information but I haven't heard back yet.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6837 by bobkrech
Replied by bobkrech on topic Re: New Rocketry Club in RI
Bob, you might want to e-mail him to see if he actually has the 1500' separation (3000' diameter) required to launch high power under NAR and TRA rules.

Bob

• BobH
More
10 years 7 months ago #6840 by BobH
Replied by BobH on topic Re: New Rocketry Club in RI
Hi all,

I did receive a reply from the sender and here is the contact information for those interested in the new R.I. club.

Jeff Oppold

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.