× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

We Got Thanked

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 days ago #6574 by KennB
We Got Thanked was created by KennB
At our first Amesbury launch of this season, we were visited by a group of Dads and Kids from the Children's Castle in West Newbury. One of the founders of the school is a neighbor of mine and asked if someone from their Dad's group could contact me about launching rockets. As I was unable to attend, I gave the fellow a couple of names to find and seems everything worked out well. Here are a couple of emails I received:

Hi Kenn,
we had a wonderful day - we were about 10 dads plus 12 kids and stayed for almost 3 hours watching between 2 and 5pm the indeed interesting flying creations! I launched 7 rockets myself including the second last rocket of the day of more than 250 launches. I am sure I will come again to one of your next launches. Then just with my own son, so that I have more time to look around and talk to other people, because this time I was pretty busy with the Dads group. I would really like to learn more about the design of the rockets and engines and of course I am curious how other peoples flying objects do;-)
Take care,
Christian

and

Hi Kenn,

I just wanted to thank you and the members of the rocket organization for being so welcoming to the families from The Children’s Castle this past Saturday. The parents and children that came that day to the rocket launches at the farm in Amesbury had an eye-opening experience they didn’t anticipate. I heard many accolades this morning including a report from a mom whose son now knows he wants to be an astronaut. (I must confess that was a dream of mine, as well, at a certain point in my life.)

You’ve helped to inspire many young minds and, I would guess, some more mature ones as well.

With much appreciation,

Jana

These are really thank you notes to all of us. Our club provides us with wonderful equipment on great fields and we love to show off for "outsiders". Lots of times, the outsiders enjoy what we do so much, they become "insiders" and join up.

We are going to have a group of scouts fly with us in Sudbury on 09 June. Let's make sure they have a great day, too.

Kenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.