× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Claude and Katy Maina in Sport Rocketry magazine

• Boris Katan
  • Boris Katan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #6500 by Boris Katan
Congratulations Claude and Katy Maina on a really nice article with cool pictures, including the cover of Sport Rocketry Magazine.

Congratulation also to Jim Flis whose very fun and original rocket creations are well featured in the article.

The foam cup rockets featured in the SR article are always fun to watch fly, low and slow, never a ballistic recovery :) , and clear winner in the biggest low power rockets in the world category.

Among the many neat things in the rocketry hobby are the great people involved and the many creative ways of having fun building and flying rockets.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Boris Katan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #6501 by ClaudeMaina
Boris,

Thanks. I haven't seen the issue yet. We are in Tahoe this week for some Spring skiing and visiting relatives. I'll have to wait until we get home to see it. The article was a lot of fun to write and I had a lot of help from Jim, Dick Nelson and everyone who allowed me to use their photos - especially Curtis for the cover photo!

Claude

More
11 years 1 month ago #6517 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Re: Claude and Katy Maina in Sport Rocketry magazine
Hi, mine arrived today. Great article.

I'm glad my photos can find their way to people who appreciate them.

Curtis

More
11 years 1 month ago #6523 by Sully
Nice work on the article (and the foam rockets!). And congratulations also to the other CMass-ers with mentions and photos, including Pres. Billspad, who had a pic or two in there also.

The first time I ever saw one of these rockets was at my first ever club launch, and I encountered Jim Flis carrying a Decaffeinator out to the pads. I stopped for a second to digest what I was looking at, and then just couldn't help but smile and laugh out loud. Jim laughed too, as clearly the enjoyment of launching clever designs doesn't wear off. I always like seeing these things fly. Makes me smile every time.

More
11 years 1 month ago #6526 by ClaudeMaina
Thanks John,

I finally got my issue this week and the article did come out nice, if I do say so myself! Tom Beach and SR did a great job laying out the article, which is very different than what I sent them - and a lot better.

I have another design rolling around in my head and a fix for the FLV. Hopefully they will make it to the field by the end of this launch season. Stay tuned!

Claude