× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Large motor order

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 3 months ago #6404 by ClaudeMaina
Large motor order was created by ClaudeMaina
I'm volunteering to oversee a bulk order of motors so as to minimize the price and get free shipping. Alan did this a couple of years ago and we were able to get free shipping and an additional 5% discount from HobbyLinc. I did a non-exhaustive search and HobbyLinc still seems to have the best prices overall. I've contacted HobbyLinc and they will still ship free for orders over $250 but no longer will give the additional 5% discount. I also contacted Robert DeHate and he will match HobbyLinc's motor prices for an order over $250. We then just pick up our order(s) at one of the launches this spring.

Unless someone finds a vendor with much better pricing than HobbyLinc, and one that Robert cannot match, I'll place the order with Robert.

I have to order 4 Estes bulk packs for the Page School Rocketry Program. That plus my own order puts my total over $250! So, in fact, I don't even need you guys! But I'll be nice and share the wealth (in this case, discount). So put all those Christmas returns to good use and get what you really want!

I'll collect the money and give one check to Robert when the order is finalized. You can post your order here, or e-mail me directly (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

Thanks.

Claude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #6409 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re: Large motor order
Thanks for coordinating the order, Claude. Sounds like RD8 is the best route to go.

HobbyLinc also requires insurance on your shipping order (and it doesnt pop up on the online order form until you get to the very last step in the process). The last time we ordered from them I convinced them to waive the insurance, although they were not too happy about it. I could not figure out their concern (other than insurance is another source of revenue for them). -Alan

More
11 years 3 months ago #6410 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Re: Large motor order
I made a large motor order in excess of $250 from Hobbylinc last year. They would not do free shipping, but they did give me a credit for the non-Hazmat part of the shipping.

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 3 months ago #6418 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Re: Large motor order
Right now, I think Robert is the way to go; but I haven't heard from anyone yet. I'll wait another week or two, and bump the thread a couple of times. If no interest by then, I'll just place my own order.

More
11 years 3 months ago #6421 by davisolzoe
Replied by davisolzoe on topic Re: Large motor order
i would be interested in two packs of AT F39-6T reloads , could pickup at the spring TARC launches in Amesbury, or sooner if needed.

More
11 years 3 months ago #6423 by mlaudato
Replied by mlaudato on topic Re: Large motor order
Hi Claude. I could use an Estes Blast-off Flight pack as I still use the smaller engines quite a bit. Estes lists it for $69.99, so I'm in if it's cheaper than that.

Thanks,
- Matt