× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

LDRS on Science Channel 10/28/12

• Boris Katan
  • Boris Katan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #6272 by Boris Katan
LDRS on Science Channel 10/28/12 was created by Boris Katan
The Science Channel show on this year's LDRS is scheduled to air Sunday 10/28/12 at 10pm.

The honorable and wise Judge Bob Krech is one of the presiding judges.

The infinitely charming Kari Byron is the host.

Some other CMASS fliers, including myself, were present and may be included in some of the event coverage.

The show and some of the flights are hyped up, but is still an opportunity to see some rockets fly on TV.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #6275 by bobkrech
Replied by bobkrech on topic Re: LDRS on Science Channel 10/28/12
It will be interesting to see if I get my 15 seconds of infamy from the hours of video that ends up on the cutting room floor.

It was fun working opposite Kari, who is a consumate pro and easy on the eyes, Judge John Shusdock, and with Sharp Entertainment, the production company who were all young and enthusiatic.

I think I had even more fun meeting a lot of great rocket folk, especially my host Larry Weibert, Bill and Mary Beth Clune, and Bill Suitor and Nick Macomber, the original and present rocket beltmen. Spend a lot of time with them, drank a lot of beer, and had hours of great conversations.

Bob
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by bobkrech.

More
11 years 6 months ago #6276 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: LDRS on Science Channel 10/28/12
I watched it last night. Bob got almost as much air time as Kari. I believe I saw Boris's L3 rocket. At least it looked just like the one he flew in Maine a few weeks ago.