× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Anyone in NH have a way to record a WMUR TV show?

• bobkrech
  • bobkrech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 11 months ago #5997 by bobkrech
On this Thursday, May 17th at 7:30 PM, NH Chronicle on WMUR TV Channel 9 Manchester is having a special on Victoria Arlen, a US Paralympic team swimmer who just set a workd record in the 800 free a week ago at the Northshore Y in Beverly and will be going to the Paralympic Games in London. My daughter has been her technique coach for the last 3 months and we don't get the station in Salem, MA so I'd lke to surprise her with a copy of the show.

If anyone could make a copy of the broadcast, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Read more: www.wmur.com/new-hampshire-chronicle-ext...l.html#ixzz1v3XsdyH8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #6006 by KennB
Bob,

I didn't get out of work until 7 pm last night so I wasn't able to tape it (yes, it would have been a VHS tape).

Check the station's website; some of their videos get posted. Also, contact the station itself; lots of stations used to offer tapes of segments from their local shows and may still do that with digital copies these days.

BTW, hats off to your daughter for her work in that field. (IIRC, her name is Katie? That's my go to for CMASS members' daughter's names.)

Kenn

• bobkrech
  • bobkrech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 11 months ago #6007 by bobkrech
Thanks Kenn

I did a bit of checking and it seems that only Comcast in Salem, MA doesn't carry WMUR.

A co-worker in Marblehead invited Katie and me over to see the show and he taped it too so everything worked out. Yes she's a wonderful daughter and really enjoys working with special atheletes.

It was really one of the most inspriational spots I have seen on TV. This girl was always smart and atheletic. At 11 she was a ntionally ranked swimmer. Then and one day she woke up and her legs didn't work. Within weeks she was totally paralized, and regressed to a vegetative state. Her parents were relentless in finding doctors who could help and finally found a treatment that worked, and she slowly regained the use of her upper body. She found out about a NH group Northeast Passage from UNH who helped handicapped folks get into sports and she discovered hiockey and rediscovered swimming. In her first national competition a year ago, she one a handful of golkd medals. She cam to th Northshore Y in Beverly in February for higher level training and just set a bunch of new American and a world record 2 weeks ago.

It's a great story and WMUR will have the video n their website for a week or so but they don't sell copies.

Bob