× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

23 July Launch in Southern Maine

More
12 years 9 months ago #5396 by mainer
Replied by mainer on topic Re: 23 July Launch in Southern Maine
As of right now its Low/med. power, no waiver yet. He's going to look into it soon, I think.
We do not have much for launch equipment, Im putting together a "redneck" launch controller for low power stuff this week. It should be able to handle 4 pads. We need some pads, ill have a rail for any MPR requiring it. Im going to try and put a pad system together if I have enough time, sawhorse style? I have a 12volt controller also for the bigger stuff. Please bear with us.

We hope to have some food(hot dogs), soda etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #5398 by dostergaard
Replied by dostergaard on topic Re: 23 July Launch in Southern Maine
I am planning on coming and bringing my 2 boys. We have a few LPR rockets we plan to launch and a Shadowlord that I want to see fly on Ds & Es :)

I also have a few portapad type pads and Estes controllers I can bring too.

More
12 years 9 months ago #5406 by msherrod
Replied by msherrod on topic Re: 23 July Launch in Southern Maine
Hi everyone!

I forgot to take my camera with me on Saturday, so I apologize for the lack of pictures.

Saturday turned out to be a very hot day for flying, but about ten hardy souls showed up to fly everything from 1/2A to G motors.

The field is enormous (approximately 1 x 0.5 miles), and almost flat, as you might expect from it being a turf farm. The launch site was a located a bit too close to one edge of the field on this occasion (two rockets weathercocked back over the trees and were lost in the woods), but a bit more experience with locating the launch site on the field with respect to the local wind patterns will make this a great field for high powered flights once a waiver is in place.

Being mostly packed dirt and short grass, the landing surface is significantly "harder" than that the Amesbury hay field. Next time I'll use a bit more chute to slow the descent of each rocket to reduce dents, dings, and cracked fins.

Thanks again to Scott and Darrin at MMMSC for organizing the launch, and for providing cold soda and hot dogs!

More
12 years 9 months ago #5407 by msherrod
Replied by msherrod on topic MMMSC's Website
I forgot to mention, MMMSC's web address is: mmmsclub.org

More
12 years 9 months ago #5410 by mainer
Replied by mainer on topic Re: MMMSC's Website
here are some photos