× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NH Scout Jamboree

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago #7880 by KennB
NH Scout Jamboree was created by KennB
New Hampshire is going to have a statewide Cub/Boy Scout Jamboree on Columbus Day weekend this year. One of the activity projects the scouts can participate in will be rocket launching. Some may use this as an opportunity to fulfill that part of their merit badge and others will just launch for fun.

One of the scouts flies with the Maine Missile Math & Science Club and suggested to his troop leader that Scott would be a good contact for help with the rocketry. With potentially 5000 scouts attending the Jamboree, Scott wisely reached out to the other clubs in New England for help with equipment and volunteers.

We're not near knowing any of the details at this time but we would like to get people thinking about keeping 10 October open to provide help during the launches. It's unlikely that all the scouts will want to fly rockets but we know we'll need lots of people to help out those who do.

I'm putting this information out there now so you can pencil in the date on your smart phone or evacuation calendar or whatever. Please let me know if you have any questions or can provide any advice for large events like this. As things progress, I'll post more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #7881 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re: NH Scout Jamboree
October 9-11 2015, Loudon, NH (venue is the NH Motor Speedway, near Concord, NH) Jamboree website here
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.