× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

LDRS-34

• curtisheisey
  • curtisheisey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #7670 by curtisheisey
LDRS-34 was created by curtisheisey
Just registered for LDRS-34. Should be a great event. I see from the flyers list that some of you are registered already.

ldrs34.org/

Curtis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #7677 by bobkrech
Replied by bobkrech on topic Re: LDRS-34
I probably should register soon as I'm on the LDRS-34 organizing committee....

If you haven't been to Potter, you're in for a treat. We launch from an 8,000 acre farm in the middle of nowhere. Our host hotel ldrs34.org/host-hotel/ is located in Geneva, NY about 30 minutes from Potter and is the best hotel in the area, located on the shore of Seneca Lake, and it is exclusively our for the week! Room rates are about half the normal fare, and your significant other will enjoy the digs and the area even if she hates rockets. You have to call the hotel directly to make you reservation so check the above link for the details. You will not be disappointed.

BTW the standing waiver is 15 kft AGL with call-ins to 24Kft! Impulse range from Micro-max to P! ~20 low and mid power pads, 24 L1/L2 pad in 2 fields, 4 M pads and 4 powered L3+ launch towers at the away cells.

Crops are low at the end of June so recovery is not bad, but trackers are recommended for high flights. We also have a tree climber available if you need to hire one. And the Potter Fire/EMS squad is located at the field for the duration of the event. We even have a night launch planned, most likely on Friday night.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.