× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

A Newbie to CMASS

• stewpots
  • stewpots's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #7381 by stewpots
A Newbie to CMASS was created by stewpots
Tripped over CMASS via a Google search and not knowing of rocket clubs in the area. Found CMASS and seems to be the right gig for a Dad and 11 year old son to enjoy some rocketry. Question is, beyond the launch etiquette FAQ info, what is the protocol for a guy with a box of Estes rockets to be able to join in on the Acton launch this coming Saturday? Do we bring a sun shade, some chairs and a cooler of water along and just claim a space? Don't want to get thrown out or be "one of those guys".... Not sure how/when or where launch cards get filled out. I don't have the facilities to print them on heavy paper or card stock, so are they available at the launch?

Joined as a senior and juniior member with a season pass.

Thanks for the time and help,

Scot & Daniel Stewart
Westford, Ma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #7382 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: A Newbie to CMASS
Welcome to the club Scot and Daniel.

I'm glad you found us and am looking forward to meeting you at this Saturday's launch.

Thanks for asking these questions up front; it's always good to avoid confusion. Bring all your set up stuff with you (canopy, chairs, table - whatever you have) and you can set up anywhere away from the range. Usually at Acton, people set up where they park their car or closer to the range, if they desire. The food service will be set up behind the club trailer and Fliskits will be close to that spot, too.

You can pick up blank flight cards at the Safety Check table. Take as many as you'll need - one for each time you launch a rocket even if it's the same rocket over and over again.

Let us know if you have any other questions. You'll be able to pick up your Season Pass at the launch. And don't be shy about asking questions as they come up at the field; everyone is more than happy to help out new members and even strangers.

See you Saturday.

• stewpots
  • stewpots's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #7383 by stewpots
Replied by stewpots on topic Re: A Newbie to CMASS
Just one last question (I promise to not ask any more)

If you are flying a rocket with features requiring extra items at launch (e.g. Strap-on Boosters) How should I include this in the flight card?

Just asking in prep for my SLS (Space Launch System) Rocket with boosters which I would like to debut soon in a launch.

Thanks,

Scot

More
9 years 10 months ago #7384 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re: A Newbie to CMASS

Just one last question (I promise to not ask any more)

If you are flying a rocket with features requiring extra items at launch (e.g. Strap-on Boosters) How should I include this in the flight card?

Just asking in prep for my SLS (Space Launch System) Rocket with boosters which I would like to debut soon in a launch.

Thanks,

Scot

PM sent. Scot, check the email account you used to sign up on this site; you pose an interesting question that triggers some discussion.