× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Jaw Stand II

More
1 year 10 months ago #11184 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Jaw Stand II
If I may suggest, we move the relay on pad 4 to pad 9 and set up the new rail there. 5 & 8 get backed up regularly as do 6 & 7. 9 is an 1/8" rod which also gets backed up but we have many more 1/8" rods to work with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #11185 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Jaw Stand II
Sounds reasonable to me.

More
1 year 10 months ago #11189 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Jaw Stand II
Materials cost for the new Jaw Stand pad came to $165. I have received $80 with at least another $55 pledged. Anything received over $165 I will apply to the Bill Spadafora Memorial Fund. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

More
1 year 10 months ago #11190 by TimDawson
Replied by TimDawson on topic Jaw Stand II
Any chance that in Acton, the rail launches become A and B and not take up rod positions?

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #11196 by TimDawson
Replied by TimDawson on topic Jaw Stand II
For those that were not on the Team meeting Tuesday,  it looks like we will be able to set up as I suggested in the last post, in Acton, anyways.  The rail pads will be A and B and they will NOT be sharing a "location" with any rods.  They will most likely be far enough away from the rod pads so that no one will have to move away from any rod pad as a rail pad goes off.    So the two 1/4" rod pads will be by themselves and the two 10/10 rail pads will be by themselves.  This should go a long way in preventing the backups that were happening at the last launch.  Thank you to the "Powers that Be" for all the work and planning!
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by TimDawson.