× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Acton Winter Carnival Feb 5th: Demo Night Launch

More
13 years 3 months ago #4959 by guyw
That\'s too bad. Sounds like they are calling for more winter weather that afternoon/evening as well. I can sympathize with them - I am having a hard time trying to find a place to put the snow from my driveway - the snow banks I have made with my tractor are taller than I am.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4960 by jabikeman
well that stinks. i was looking forward to going all sparky. LOL

More
13 years 3 months ago #4961 by alan
jason> well that stinks. i was looking forward to going all sparky.

What would it take to get a launch at Amesbury in Feb? (Winter Follies II) With 3 feet of snow on the ground a skidmark would be very low risk. Yes, I volunteer to hike the GSE out to the range head.

guy> I am having a hard time trying to find a place to put the snow from my driveway.

Me too, I surrender !

More
13 years 3 months ago #4962 by billspad
alan wrote:

What would it take to get a launch at Amesbury in Feb? (Winter Follies II) With 3 feet of snow on the ground a skidmark would be very low risk. Yes, I volunteer to hike the GSE out to the range head.

No sane person would show up to the launch. It would mean walking 3/8 of a mile from the parking lot (assuming the parking lot has been plowed) through three feet of snow to get to the range head. Then there\'s the issue of chasing your rocket.

Jim Salem said he could most likely arrange another Acton launch. We\'d have to walk through less snow but I\'m pretty sure that plowing the parking area at the School St. field is lower on the list than plowing NARA park.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4963 by jabikeman
well what about launching from where we did ours first night launch at amesbury? it is not that far of walk for the parking lot. And it is not like we really have to worry to much about the water being a hazard right now... since the lakes have about 10-12 inches of ice... those streams must be frozen by now.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4964 by billspad
jabikeman wrote:

well what about launching from where we did ours first night launch at amesbury? it is not that far of walk for the parking lot. And it is not like we really have to worry to much about the water being a hazard right now... since the lakes have about 10-12 inches of ice... those streams must be frozen by now.

You\'re assuming they\'ve plowed the parking lot.