Getting Scouts Involved in Rocketry/CMASS

• hermanjc
  • hermanjc's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #10497 by hermanjc
I remember when I was a kid involved in Cub and Boy Scouts we used to have annual rocket launches as part of our pack/troop. My sons are a few years away yet from scouting, but my brother has 3 son's all involved right now and is interested in starting a similar annual event with their packs/troops, and was curious if they could get involved within CMASS. Is there someone specific within CMASS they should reach out to to?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #10503 by BDB
I won't speak for CMASS, but RIMRA works with scout groups at least once per year. It's a little bit of a drive to Kingston, but we can help if you don't have any other options.

Brenton

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #10508 by ardedwa
Replied by ardedwa on topic Getting Scouts Involved in Rocketry/CMASS
Over the years that I have been with CMASS we have had Cub Scouts show up on many occasions, although I do not recall any Scouts. This appeared to me to be on an ad-hoc basis. That is, the Scouts chose a launch to attend and showed up. That said, they did give us advance warning, so we knew to expect them. If you want to make a more formal arrangement, what that might look like could be a topic of discussion at a club meeting.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by ardedwa.