New field possibility

More
2 years 5 months ago #10780 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic New field possibility
Hi Grant,
I just read all the posts concerning the Halifax field. I want to thank you for all the time and effort you put in. Perhaps a small group of us can hold a Non-CMASS launch there someday, then report our results. I have launch equipment that can support up to a 27 ounce rocket on a 1/4 launch rod. I have a 12 volt launch controller that Guy built. Maybe someone else has a rail based pad we can use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GrantW
  • GrantW's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago #10781 by GrantW
Replied by GrantW on topic New field possibility
If that were to happen, I’d definitely be there. I know that Brenton (BDB) knew of some people that wanted to check it out last year and I bet one of them has a rail. Either way I’ll see if I can send a letter to the owner to ask permission to use the field. My main concern is that nobody will check the PO Box attached to the field’s deed, but that’s the best we’ve got, so I’ll give it a shot and report back. If we do get permission, I’ll see if I can get Bob Grant to open the gate and let us use the gravel road going out to the center of the field.

More
2 years 5 months ago #10782 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic New field possibility
I would be interested in going back there to see what the field looks like now. Let me know when you plan to check it out.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #10804 by BDB
Replied by BDB on topic New field possibility
Just seeing this now. I would definitely be interested in testing this launch site, and I could surely bring the RIMRA launch equipment for LPR and HPR. I could also help with a waiver.

Grant - I think I remember that you had a connection to the owner.  If someone can ask for permission and set a date, I can bring all of the launch supplies.

Brenton
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by BDB.

More
5 months 1 week ago #11902 by hermanjc
Replied by hermanjc on topic New field possibility
Here is the field location I was talking about tonight off of River Rd in Berlin, MA. I am talking with the Berlin Conservation Commission about maybe using it for future Cub Scout launches. Although it lacks parking...it makes up for it by having a Dunkin Donuts.

Attachments:

More
5 months 1 week ago #11903 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic New field possibility
How does this field compare in size with Acton?