Lost Rocket $20 reward -- "Blue Moon" last nite flite!

More
3 years 4 months ago #10307 by Niteowl67
The last launch of the Night :Launch on Saturday 21st was NORG's "Once In A Blue Moon". I saw it come down on chute south of night pad adjacent to road, saw it bounce, lights go out, and disappear behind gentle slope. I was 50 feet away and couldn't find it after. My buddy and I searched until 10 of 6 PM and no luck (found 1 piece of wadding & Pink Mosquito {any one?}). There should be note for $20 reward and contact info on rocket. If anyone finds it then contact me here or by info on board and I'll honor reward!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10308 by KennB
There was a Mosquito that went up early in the day and wasn't found during the launch. It was referred to by the flyer on all subsequent flight cards. I don't know if they are a regular attendee at the launches. Claude may be able to find the name on the cards.

I hope someone finds your Blue Moon and gets in touch with you.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10309 by ClaudeMaina
The only card with a Mosquito listed was flown by Jake Head. Unfortunately he is not in the members list. So, if you are reading this Jake, Joe has your rocket.

I'll try to stop by Woodsom Farm tomorrow and take a look. Joe, if you have any more directions of where you think it landed that would help.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10312 by Niteowl67
Thanks! From where the night launch pad was, if 3 o'clock was due west and the road back to parking lot was 12 o'clock, then the Blue Moon came down at 1 o'clock (SW) 150 to 200 feet away just past the 1st slope give or take 50 feet. Blue Moon about 30" length with conic nose and clear payload section. NC-60 with main body blue BT-60 and large fins with blue & silver holo foil. The chute deployed was 18"! By the way Mosquito actually Dark Orange but looked "Pink" last night next to grass and flash light. Didn't notice until in normal room light.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10313 by guyw
I have been keeping the Covid forms from this year's launches. I keep them for about 4 weeks and then I shred them. Bottom line is I have a phone number but not an email address for the Head Family. So if we don't hear anything from them I could contact them if that is thought to be a good idea.

Guy.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10314 by Niteowl67
Hello Guy,

It's understandable you wouldn't want to "freak out" someone by using the COVID contact but I would assume that since they mentioned the lost rocket (if it's theirs) in "Flight Cards" then they would assume you would contact them by the same COVID contact info. If it was my rocket I'd want to be contacted sooner rather then later. The interesting question is how to get it back to them during COVID times. Can you tell by phone # if they are on the North Shore (978 area code)? The other problem is I don't have a car to drop it off -- they'd have to come to me or I could mail it? What do you think?

Joe -- NORG