Lost my T-Bolt at the Amesbury - Oct 19th launch

• hgreenblatt
  • hgreenblatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6871 by hgreenblatt
At the Amesbury Oct 19th launch I lost my T-Bold rocket around 3:30 PM. It went onto Whitehall street somewhere between 148 Whitehall and the apartments. Has a yellow parachute. Reward offered for return.
Here is an image: T-Bolt
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by hgreenblatt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hgreenblatt
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 5 months ago #6874 by hgreenblatt
I went back up to Amesbury today to talk to a few neighbors and see if anyone saw or found my rocket. The gentleman at 156 Whitehall said someone came to the house later that afternoon asking if they could retrieve a rocket in one of the trees in his front yard. That was just about the exact area I saw the rocket land. He also described my rocket and parachute color (yellow). He said it was a college student who had a crest on his shirt. Anyway, if someone has it, I would appreciate getting it back. The reward still stands. Thanks.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6876 by mlaudato
I sent a message to BURPG via their website with a link to the picture of your rocket Howard and will let everyone know when/if I get a response.

(Also posted a request on their Facebook page - expect someone will figure out that we are trying to reach them...)

- Matt
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by mlaudato. Reason: add'l info

More
10 years 5 months ago #6877 by mlaudato
I heard back from the BURPG folks - they did not retrieve any other rockets, so the 'college kid' was apparently retrieving one of his own rockets. Hope it turns up Howard.

• hgreenblatt
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 5 months ago #6878 by hgreenblatt
Thanks Matt. I heard back from Armor, the L3 guy who was actually launching their rockets and he said the same thing.

• hgreenblatt
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #6995 by hgreenblatt
FOUND! Yaaaa! A retired police officer returned it at the launch yesterday. Apparently if drifted further than anyone thought. It landed in a tree in his yard and he eventually got it down and was waiting until he heard us launching again to return it. Image in the gallery here .
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by hgreenblatt.