Sale! Sale! Sale!

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 5 months ago #10278 by ClaudeMaina
Sale! Sale! Sale! was created by ClaudeMaina
I was contacted by a would-be rocketeer in Amesbury. He purchased a few items intending to start the hobby but never did, and asked if he could donate them to CMASS. I said 'yes'! The items are below along with an asking price (or best offer). All proceeds will go to the Spadafora Memorial Fund.

Aerotech Initiator Starter Set: The rocket is built and from what I can tell is built well. Not all of the decals have been applied but I think they are all there. Parachute and 29/24 mm adapter are included. The launch stand has not been assembled and parts are still sealed in their plastic bags. $140

Aerotech 29/40-120 motor casing and closures. This appears to never have been used and is in excellent shape. $40

Aerotech motors: ($20 for all four)
RMS F40-4W (2)
RMS E16-4W (1)
Single Use E30-4T (1)

All items are about 10 years old and have been stored in a garage. I'd like to sell the Initiator Starter Set as a set, but will entertain offers to split it. Reply here if you are interested and I will also bring them to our next launch on Nov 21. So people can look at them then.

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #10279 by BDB
Replied by BDB on topic Sale! Sale! Sale!
Hi Claude,

I'll take the DMS and RMS motors and the casing.

Brenton

• ClaudeMaina
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 5 months ago #10281 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Sale! Sale! Sale!
Sold!

Initiator and Launch pad are left.

More
3 years 5 months ago #10284 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Sale! Sale! Sale!
Three years ago I purchased a pre-owned and pre-flown Initiator. It is a very nice kit. Wicked fun to fly. What I like about it is that since it is so durable, it comes with a 18" nylon parachute and does not drift very far and no damage on landing. I ripped out that metal gizmo that looks like a Brillo pad that is supposed to protect the chute from the ejection charge. I was told by a Initiator owner that it eventually clogs up and blocks the ejection charge.

I remember reading a review awhile back of the launch stand. I don't remember the specifics but overall it was a positive review.

If I was related to Curtis, I would say that there are not enough Initiators in the world and buy it myself. As much as I am tempted, I'll leave it for someone else to enjoy.

• ClaudeMaina
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 5 months ago #10299 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Sale! Sale! Sale!
This is just a quick bump on the thread.

The Initiator Starter Set is still available and I'll have it with me at the launch this Saturday - if we have one. Again, I'd like to sell it as a set but will split if someone is interested. And all proceeds go to the Bill Spadafora Memorial Fund.

Thanks.

Claude