× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Launch Status

More
21 hours 52 minutes ago - 18 hours 14 minutes ago #12070 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Launch Status
I wish I could attend the Sunday launch to help the Cub Scouts. I organized Scout launches when my sons were Cub Scouts. This is a great opportunity for CMASS to show the parents, kids and Scout leaders what a wonderful family activity rocketry is. There are two reasons why I joined CMASS back in 2003 and got hocked on rocketry. The friendly and helpful members, and seeing all the amazing rockets, and the field at an Amesbury launch. I attached three documents that I created 20 years ago for Scout launches. Perhaps Claude can get those over to the Scout leader.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 hours 14 minutes ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 hours 54 minutes ago #12071 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Launch Status

Saw that the wind is going to be ~15mph from the west, it's a good direction but pretty high. What's the status for High Power?

I have two flights planned on going to 1700ft (both dual deploy) will this be an issue?

The wind directions shown now would push things up the hill toward the apartments and houses earlier in the day shifting around to the trees and other houses later in the day. If the launch rail is angled toward the llama/sheep pen, you'd have the best chance of coming back on the field. It would be good to observe some other flights and determine your best course of action from them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.