× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

National Rocket Competition - NRC

More
2 years 8 months ago #10641 by smaire
Replied by smaire on topic National Rocket Competition - NRC
Stay within the total impulse limits of the event and you can cluster or stage or do both to your heart's content.

That being said, Sport Scale offers the best opportunity to cluster as you will get mission points for clustering at the prototype and the impulse limit is higher. NARAM this year saw a clustered Atlas V.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #10646 by RHobbs1
Replied by RHobbs1 on topic National Rocket Competition - NRC
Thank you to all for setting this up and helping out with timing and such. I had a great time yesterday. A little fun and friendly competition to livrn things up a bit.
If it had been less windy, I might have made more B altitude attempts, but I barely missed the woods on a 157m flight.
I hope we can keep this going. It's a good way to obtain hard data on how a rocket performs.
Wind was a big factor yesterday. The luanch area was sheltered from it a bit by the nearby buildings and trees. But it was strong enough for me to fly one of my kites downrange. (That's what I'll be doing today.)
Note to mini engine flyers: back in June, my Mini-Bertha clone crossed Rt 2 on an A3-4T. Part of the game is to get your rocket back, of course. If there's any wind at all, it's not too hard to have a rocket drift out of the Actin field.
At least we didn't have to chase the cricketers away. Just a small flock of geese.

More
2 years 8 months ago #10649 by RD-ROX
Replied by RD-ROX on topic National Rocket Competition - NRC
Is there another/working download link for the current Pink Book? When I try the one in this thread, it gives a '404 - Page not found' error.

Deb

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #10650 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic National Rocket Competition - NRC
There looks to be a brandy new just released edition. Try:

www.nar.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/USMRSC_July-2021.pdf

I also updated the original post to point to this newer version.

Guy.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by guyw. Reason: Added note about original post Pink Book link update
The following user(s) said Thank You: RD-ROX