× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Any updates from NARAM?

• jbuscaglia
  • jbuscaglia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #10611 by jbuscaglia
Any updates from NARAM? was created by jbuscaglia
Looks like a few of our members are at NARAM.  Anyone have any updates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #10612 by RetroRocketGuy
Replied by RetroRocketGuy on topic Any updates from NARAM?
Well, All I can say is that the Night launch was very fun! The Sport Range has been very active. I'd say. And, Not much other than that from my end. I may post some pics though

More
2 years 8 months ago #10613 by MALBAR70
Replied by MALBAR70 on topic Any updates from NARAM?
The four of us (my wife and two boys came with me) left Massachusetts Friday afternoon and arrived in Geneseo 5 hours later. After getting settled in Saturday morning we hit the range. Geneseo is one of my favorite places to fly. The field is massive. 
I only got in two flights Saturday (the range was very busy) but there were quite a few great launches.
Sunday I had a better day. I got in several flights from a QJet B6-4 to a CTI I 280sk in my NSL Mega Bertha to about 3000ft.
David and Gregory both competed in the NARAM 62 1/2 A parachute duration contest. Both of them had qualifying flights and did good in their division.
We are camped next to fellow CMASS member Guy Wadsworth and have been enjoying his company,  we have also run into a few other club members here as well. We are here for the week and hope to see a few more CMASS members.
I will try to post some pictures if I can figure it out. 

More
2 years 8 months ago #10614 by MALBAR70
Replied by MALBAR70 on topic Any updates from NARAM?

Attachments:

More
2 years 8 months ago #10616 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Any updates from NARAM?
This report just in from Guy Wadsworth, live from NARAM, Geneseo, NY.

Field is good. Grass is mowed. Weather had been generally good but hot and humid. Some rain and wind today. Should be cooler and sunny tomorrow. Watching the competition flights has been interesting. They use Spad Pads (designed and built by Bill). Saturday and Sunday were busy flight days on the sport range, slower yesterday and today. The Lehmann family has been entering some of the competition events.

I have some videos and some phone photos, but not ready to upload
yet. I'll get some more in the coming days.

Guy Wadsworth, CMASS News, Geneseo, NY

More
2 years 8 months ago #10619 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Any updates from NARAM?
I think we may have some budding new contest fliers in the club. Check out the NARAM 62 web site for the contest results. In particular, check out the D Super-Roc Altitude A Division and NARAM 62 Meet Champion A Division results. Congratulations to Gregory and David!!! Wait to you see the hardware they brought back.