× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Scout launch this Sunday - 4/11/21

• hgreenblatt
  • hgreenblatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 1 week ago #10418 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic Scout launch this Sunday - 4/11/21
I think the saw horse pad shouldl be fine.  I actually have a saw horse and rods I can use but don't have a good set of adjustable heads. I should probably build something. I will email you guys directly to coordinate picking up the sawhorse. 

I did hear back from Mike (Scout leader) today and he said we would will be at Davis Field in Sudbury, not Haskell, from 2:00 to 4:00 PM. I figure I'll get there around 1:00 to get set up.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #10427 by RetroRocketGuy
Replied by RetroRocketGuy on topic Scout launch this Sunday - 4/11/21
Nice!
Is it ok If I just come to spectate?

• hgreenblatt
  • hgreenblatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 days ago #10442 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic Scout launch this Sunday - 4/11/21
The Scout launch worked out nicely.  There were about a dozen scouts that showed up along with various family members. Claude came out to help (thank you!!). The rockets they had were Estes Alpha III's (I believe) and one scout also brought a Flis Thing-a-ma-Jig from a build session I did with them many years ago. They had a bulk pack of A8-3's so most scouts got to launch a couple of times. My nephew flew a modified Estes Ventris, which flew on an smokey F, Claude flew a cool two stage saucer and his decafinator and I flew my Sumo on an F. All rockets were recovered and we had the typical scout fun fails with lawn darts, nose detatchments, stuck on the rail, etc etc. All in all a good time was had and we did not get rained on. If I get some photos I will put them up in the gallery. 
Sorry I missed the last post here before the launch RRG.  Hope you were able to make it out to spectate.