× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Possible rocketry event collaboration with Trustees of Reservations

More
3 years 2 months ago #10374 by Rocketman33
Good afternoon:

Kenn suggested I post the following in this Forum. As a member of the Trustees of Reservations (www.thetrustees.org) and founder of the JP Rocketeers section based in Boston, I'm excited to share the possibility of an ongoing collaboration with the Trustees. I spoke to Brian Cruey, regional director in the Berkshires, and he is very excited about the possibility of our helping to organize an all day rocketry "festival" in August (COVID-permitting, of course), probably at their Naumkeag property.

I conducted a demo launch for them at Naumkeag over a year ago, and we had planned to hold an event last August, but the pandemic got in the way. I spoke with Brian again last week, and he is very interested in starting a Berkshire-based NAR section, ideally involving local schools. Though my home base is Boston, I have offered to help get their section off the ground. In my mind, an active section out there would increase the likelihood of a long-term collaboration with this well-respected, highly effective and creative conservation organization. If the Berkshires event this year is a success, it's possible we might be able to help organize similar launch events at Trustees properties closer to Boston. 

I invited Brian to attend tomorrow's (2/2/21) zoom meeting, and hope he is able to. I think some Q&A with CMASS members would be extremely helpful for both parties. In the meantime, I welcome hearing any thoughts or feedback you might have. You're more than welcome to reach out to me via my personal email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Many thanks!
David Doyle

The following user(s) said Thank You: KennB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.