× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

black powder

• Thomas
  • Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #5095 by Thomas
black powder was created by Thomas
I know that there is a thread about this some where on this forum, but I can not seem to find it so here we go.

I am planning on going for my level 2 on April 30 and I want to use dual deployment. What kind of license/registration do I(or one of my parents) need in order to legally buy black powder?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5096 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:black powder
Thomas wrote:

I know that there is a thread about this some where on this forum, but I can not seem to find it so here we go.

I am planning on going for my level 2 on April 30 and I want to use dual deployment. What kind of license/registration do I(or one of my parents) need in order to legally buy black powder?

You need a Low Explosive Users Permit and a magazine to store the black powder in. Yes, that\'s ridiculous but it\'s the law. If you were using it for an antique firearm you\'d need neither.

The simplest thing to do is to ask someone who has the permit and the black powder to bring some to the launch. I\'d be happy to do that. I usually have some with me but it wouldn\'t hurt to remind me a day or two before the launch.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5103 by JoeG
Replied by JoeG on topic Re:black powder
Bill,
If you have the proper firearms permits you can get Black powder!??!?! Where is a good place to buy it in the area? Thanks

Joe G

More
13 years 1 month ago #5104 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:black powder
JoeG wrote:

Bill,
If you have the proper firearms permits you can get Black powder!??!?! Where is a good place to buy it in the area? Thanks

Joe G

Beats me. I got a 1 lb. can 10 years ago and it\'s not even close to empty.

I believe most people just go to NH or ME to buy it.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5105 by Boris Katan
Replied by Boris Katan on topic Re:black powder
Call gun shops and ask if they have 4F black powder in stock. Many shops do not carry it, a few do.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5106 by rdh8
Replied by rdh8 on topic Re:black powder
JoeG wrote:

Bill,

Joe G

Kittery traiding post in Maine.
Go to the gun dept and ask for 4F BP and they will go get you a pound from the magazine.

Robert