× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NEMROC 2011?

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #5002 by ClaudeMaina
NEMROC 2011? was created by ClaudeMaina
Are there any plans for a NEMROC this year? If there is, I\'d like to see if we can have a NARTREK Mercury Cadet build and launch. I haven\'t worked out all of the details. But the idea would be that kids, accompanied by an adult would build their rockets (appropriate for the Mercury level) on the Saturday of NEMROC. We would supply the building materials, NARTREK Mercury Cadet forms, and advice. At the launch on the following day, we would have a NARTREK Mercury Cadet table set up to help with preparing the rockets for launch, more forms and possibly sell individual engines (at cost). In essence, kids could complete their Mercury requirements in one weekend I would volunteer to spearhead it but would need some additional help. Also, I don\'t know if this would be better discussed at one of the meetings are can be done here.

I do have more ideas of how to organize it; but first-things-first - any plans for a 2011 NEMROC?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5003 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Re:NEMROC 2011?
Sounds like a great idea. I have been meaning to start my NARTREK Bronze quest and hope to do that this year. I would be willing to help out with if we have a NEMROC 2011.

Guy.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5006 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:NEMROC 2011?
We can do NEMROC if we have everything planned and ready by the end of August. The last time we did one the preparations were done way too close to the event and attendance suffered.

If we go with the traditional October time frame expect little to no help from me other than showing up.

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #5010 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Re:NEMROC 2011?
I\'ll let someone else take the lead on organizing a NEMROC, but will volunteer to help. If no NEMROC this year, I\'ll try to find another venue for the build session and hopefully have the launch session at one of the fall Amesbury launches.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5126 by jflis
Replied by jflis on topic Re:NEMROC 2011?
I would be game, but as Bill mentioned, we would really have to have the planning and execution down way early to make it worthwhile.

Maybe we should discuss it at our 30-Apr launch...

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5128 by jabikeman
Replied by jabikeman on topic Re:NEMROC 2011?
well you guys let me know what happen for NEMROC and get back to this post. sadly ill miss our first launch, but would like to help out with what i can if we do have it.