× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Acton Winter Carnival Feb 5th: Demo Night Launch

• jcsalem
  • jcsalem's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #4906 by jcsalem
Acton has once again asked CMASS for a demonstration night launch at the Acton Winter Carnival.

The Winter Carnival is Saturday, February 5th from 4PM to 7:30PM at NARA Park . Note that this is a different location from the usual launch location adjacent to Route 2.

Setup will be at 3:30PM. We will have a table to use for CMASS promotional material and to answer questions.

At the moment, we are only able to do demonstration launches at 7PM. You\'ll need to bring rockets that are well lit and easy to find. I think we\'ll have time for about 8-16 launches. I\'m asking if we can do a few others earlier in the day.

The location location is relatively small so keeping the rockets well under 500\' altitude is a good idea. LPR and MPR only.

We are also able to use sparkies since we\'ll either be launching off ice or sand!

Please post here if you\'re planning to attend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4908 by KennB
I\'ll be there and will try to have a rocket set to go.
Kenn

More
13 years 3 months ago #4909 by jabikeman
ill be there as well. flying either my pink saucer on a sparky or my space ship on a sparky.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4910 by guyw
I hope to be there with the rocket I flew at the night launch with LED\'s in the nose cone.

Guy.

• jcsalem
  • jcsalem's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #4911 by jcsalem
I got a response from the Winter Carnival organizers to my question about launching rockets earlier than 7pm.

They are doing hot air balloon rides earlier in the day. We can launch once the hot balloon rides are done (probably after nightfall). They won\'t commit to this before the day. So we\'ll need to play it by ear that day.

Jim

More
13 years 3 months ago #4912 by guyw
Having never been to an Acton Winter Carnival before, I have a couple of questions:

- Is this a completely outdoors event? i.e is our table outdoors?

- Is there an entrance and/or parking fee?

- Is there plenty of parking? I see what looks to be a fairly large lot in the Google maps picture, but it also looks to be a little bit of a walk to the table location.

Thanks! Looking forward to what amounts to another CMASS night launch!

Guy.