× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Who showed up at the launch today?

More
13 years 5 months ago #4776 by ardedwa
Who showed up at the launch today? was created by ardedwa
Probably no one reading the forums, but there were more than one of us who took a look at the sunny skies and never thought to check the web site. I had lunch with Kenn and George at the Whistling Kettle, which helped make the trip worthwhile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4778 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Who showed up at the launch today?
I buzzed by the apartment parking lot that overlooks our launch area about 10:20 this morning to see if anyone was out at the field waiting (the winery up the street from the apartments didn\'t open until 11 am). I only saw dog walkers so I swung by the parking lot. As I drove up, George met me in his car and we chatted for a while. Another fellow came down from the parking lot and asked if we were a part of CMASS. Mike had come from Albany, NY to fly with us this weekend after having repeated communications with Bob K.; he and his wife are staying at the Fairfield Inn in Amesbury. I explained about the rescheduling. He will be with us until early afternoon and may join Bob and I for breakfast at the Whistling Kettle (8:30 Sunday morning, everyone is welcome). With the delay, he\'ll miss the night launches but is excited to fly a G motor or two. He belongs to a group in his area but it\'s a small number of guys with only a small field so not much out of the black powder range.

Mike told us of someone who had been out at the launch site when he got there but had left when they realized something had changed. With that info, I decided to stay around to catch anyone else who might show up. Good thing, too. In addition to our new friends from Albany and a couple of club members who hadn\'t checked the website or phone, four different people or groups came by, one ready to launch (a Fliskit Thing-a-ma-Jig) and three just to watch. They will all try to make it back for Sunday and were all interested to see the night launches.

When Ed got there a little before noon, I thought we couldn\'t stay there all day. To make it an official CMASS function, I suggested we go out for some lunch. We had a nice meal and went our separate ways, Ed and George on their long drives to their respective homes and me out to secure food for Sunday\'s launch lunch (and back to the winery now that it was open - not launch related).

The good news is soccer is over so we won\'t have to compete for parking. The bad news is they took their port-a-potties with them. Just be aware that we won\'t have facilities on-site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.