Who needs some big rockets?

More
4 years 7 months ago #9573 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Who needs some big rockets?
Yep, I got it all. Over the next couple of weeks, I'll take pictures and either set up an impromptu, informal auction or bring them to a CMASS launch for sale. All proceeds going to the Spadafora Fund.

Stay tuned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9574 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Who needs some big rockets?
I would like an opportunity to bid or buy one.
Maybe we can do a silent auction. You write down the rocket you want on a piece of paper along with your bid. Pass the bid to Claude, highest bidder gets to purchase the rocket.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9575 by ClaudeMaina
Just to keep everyone up-to-date. I picked up several built rockets from Robert and Gloria. Two are complete; a few are just parts (i.e. sustainer only, payload only, missing nose cone, etc); a couple of nose cones, a cluster motor mount, and a few altimeter bays. All are a bit dinged up and some need minor repairs. In other words, no one should worry that they will miss out on any prize catch. I've cleaned everything and will take pictures over the next several days.

There aren't enough items nor are any items really valuable to warrant an auction. I would be very surprised if more than one person is interested in any particular item and I really have no idea of what a reasonable price is for any item. So, what I think would work best is to offer them for sale on a first-come/first-serve basis and ask for a reasonable donation to the Spadafora fund. I'll post the pictures first and if you have any questions, you can ask them here before the sale starts. I'll give plenty of warning for the start of the sale so no one is caught off guard. You will be able to pick up your items at my house or at the subsequent CMASS launch. Anything not sold will be brought to the next launch for sale.

I think that makes sense but if I missed anything, let me know.

Thanks.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #9577 by ClaudeMaina
OK, here is the stuff we got from Robert and Gloria. Pictures are too big to attach here. So they are in the Gallery. There are two items (I and R) that I am asking a price for. For the rest, make a reasonable offer and it's yours. Remember that all proceeds go to the Spadafora Fund and I determine what a reasonable offer is.

I realize that it may be hard to see details in the pictures here so if you have any questions, post them here and I'll reply as soon as I can. Unfortunately I will not be at the launch this Saturday otherwise I would have brought the items for people to look at. However, if someone wants to come by to pick them up and bring them to the launch, that's fine with me. You can bring them back to me afterwards or hold them till the Amesbury launch in September.

We'll start the sale Saturday, Aug 24th 10:00 pm. This should give everyone plenty of time to post questions and get answers, and see the items if indeed they are shown at the Acton launch next week. Offers will be by posting on this thread and will be first offer gets the item. We'll run this on the honor system, meaning that if you make an offer, we expect you to honor that offer and purchase the item. You can pick up your items at my house in West Newbury or I'll bring them to the Amesbury launch on Sept 14th (along with any unsold items). Payment is by check made to CMASS or cash.

A - 4" diameter; 38mm motor mount, fiberglassed body tube, plastic nose cone.
B - 2.7" diameter, dual 24mm motor mount
C - 2.2" diameter, 29mm motor mount

D - 2.5" diameter, 29mm motor mount, missing nose cone, (Estes PS II (?))
E - 5" diameter, fiberglassed body tube, nose cone appears to be fiberglass (homemade (?))
F - 8" diameter, fiberglassed body tube, fiberglassed 3/16" plywood fins, 75mm motor mount, av bay in body tube.
G - plastic nose cone, 4" diameter
H - plastic Nike Smoke nose cone, 4" diameter
I - This is not a kit or scratch built rocket from Robert. I put the 4 components together (sustainer, av bay, payload, nose cone); 4" diameter, 6' 10" tall, 54mm motor mount, fiberglassed sustainer tube, 3/16" plywood fins, fiberglass payload tube, plastic nose cone, no sled for the av bay. Will sell each component separately but preference will be given to purchaser of all four components. $100.00
J - 6" diameter, PML-type body tube, primed
K - 4" diameter, PML-type body tube, primed
L - Your guess is as good as mine. Single piece fiberglass fin can, fiberglass body tube or motor mount tube (?); 2.2" diameter
M - 4 38mm, 1 54mm cluster motor mount
N - av bay, 5.5" x 11", no sled
O - av bay, 5.5" x 12", no sled
P - av bay, 6.0" x 12", no sled
Q - av bay, 7.5" x 12", no sled
R - Big Bertha kit, cat# 001948, unopened. $25.00
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ClaudeMaina.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9582 by ClaudeMaina
The AMW rocket items will be on display at the Acton launch tomorrow. I'll drop them off on my way down to NYC. And unless there is an objection, we're going to change the start time of the sale. It will start at the launch tomorrow. If you see something you like, make and offer and it's yours. Kenn will handle the sales.

However, if you intended to purchase an item and will not be at the launch tomorrow, post that here (before tomorrow) and we'll keep the start time as originally posted.

Thanks.

More
4 years 6 months ago #9587 by BDB
Replied by BDB on topic Who needs some big rockets?
Is there anything left of this lot? I was interested in A and F, but since I wasn't attending the launch last Saturday, I figured I'd let others have first dibs.